(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) new found power

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA RAN HER HAND OVER THE CANDLE FLAME. The sweet smell of peonies filled the air but that's not what Athena was focused on. As her skin graced the touch of the burning light, she felt no pain.

Instead she watched as the space where the fire touched her glowed. It was a hot white near blinding light and all the girl felt was a tingling sensation. She ran her hand all the way over the flame, dipping her fingers in and out of it as she felt the power in her fingertips grow stronger.

After a few minutes of this, she lifted her hand away and stared at her palm that still looked as though it had been graced by the stars. Intuition had led her to sit here cross legged in front of her candle, she hadn't realised what would happen yet she knew what she needed to do.

As she focused on the tingling part of her palm she watched it sparked alight. At first it only flickered gently, popping lights and gentle crackles filled her ears yet nothing much could be seen except for a few embers.

However as she focused harder, the flames grew until there was s small fire sat on the palm of her hand. It followed her movements, curling into a ball when she asked it to, dancing over her skin and between her fingers.

"How are you doing that?" Remus asked. He'd only just entered the room and noted that the girl was sitting far away from her wand that was sat on her bedside table. Yet here these flames sat just dancing on her hand.

Athena lost focus and the flames vanished into smoke that coiled through the air,

"I think I absorbed the power" Athena began immediately, jumping up in excitement to share her theories, "I rested my hand over the flames for a bit and then I could move that energy onto my hand, does that make sense?"

"Not really but then again, after seeing you float in the air literally looking like an angel I'll believe anything"

"Hit me with a spell!" Athena grinned and Remus frowned quickly put off by this.

"I'm not jinxing you" Remus shook his head,

"Hex me then" Athena shrugged,

"I'm not hexing you"

"Curse—"

"I am definitely not cursing you"

"Oh come on, just something harmless... I'll be fine I promise" she smiled.

Remus sighed loudly before he pointed his wand at the girl,

"Stupefy!" The jet of red light hit Athena directly in the chest and for a moment her skin glowed scarlet.

She felt the energy surging through her, it was new and interesting. Not something she could compare to any other experience.

However the spell didn't work, she was stood upright with this glowing red light moving as though under her skin.