(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) wednesday

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA CURLED THE FLAMES AROUND HER FINGERS she loved the way that they made her skin glow. There was a certain shimmer to her complexion, a playful smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye.

The powers getting to your head

Athena heard the words of warning but she didn't necessarily agree. She was nothing like Dacre even if he was her father. She knew what she had to do, Athena had to see the end of the war. Apart from that her skills were rather trivial.

However despite her bitter emotions about the idea of Dacre being her father, she still wanted to see him. Athena had questions that Dumbledore couldn't answer. She supposed her parents would be able to answer if they hadn't been in hiding.

Remus was asleep next to her. Athena could hear his heavy breathing, the moon outside was threatening being full and she knew that he'd had a hard day. Athena looked over to see that most of him was concealed by the cover that he'd flung over himself. His curls (in desperate need of a cut) spilled over top.

Athena let the fire go out, watching the smoke coil in the air like ghosts. She stared into the darkness for a moment, missing the flickering golden light that the fire had provided. She'd collected the energy from a candle which she now blew out. The tea light had no scent so Athena's nostrils were simply filled with smoky fumes.

She lowered herself into the bed, wondering how Remus was so submerged considering that the August weather was deathly hot. She found his waist and wrapped her arm around it, burying her head into the crook of his back. He didn't wake up but Athena fell asleep soon after that, the image of the fire in the centre of her mind.

Her dreams were often alive with pictures of the war. Sometimes she wondered whether these clear images would come true but they also disappeared in the morning. Trying to remember them was as difficult as trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.

Tonight she didn't dream about the war. She saw Remus transforming, he yelled out but there was nothing she could do. Athena knew that she had to leave or she'd get hurt but she didn't want him to be alone, she never wanted him to be alone.

The wolf turned to her and Athena simply blinked. By now she'd figured out that she was dreaming, he couldn't really hurt her. She stared at this part of him, suppressed by the days and the moonless nights. The scars had vanished from him, he didn't look like Remus. It was simply a werewolf standing before her.

The wolf lunged at her and Athena only just ducked in time, feeling the heavy figure tumble over her head. His eyes were cold and unforgiving. He didn't know her, he didn't recognise her and for some reason this hurt despite it not really being Remus and also being a dream.

As she turned to see where the wolf had landed she saw the body of a man, not a wolf. Remus was back, covered in more scars than before with a line of blood trickling down his brow. Athena sighed in relief, he wasn't going to hurt her.