(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) father and daughter

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

DACRE WAS GRINNING AT ATHENA, a sickening smirk for a sickening figure. He was taller and definitely stronger than the girl, she held her wand tight in her hand and pretended not to notice that his sat slack in his hand. He wasn't here for a fight and despite wishing it for a while, Athena wasn't sure she wanted the alternative, not now.

"I'm not your daughter" Athena replied calmly, "you'll never be my dad, I don't care what blood says"

"You can act like that all you want" Dacre laughed, "but you're still mine"

"I'm not yours" she scoffed, "I don't belong to you"

"You're my little girl" he broke suddenly, "you were my little girl Rena and she stole you! How can you justify that?"

"She saved me!" Athena snapped, "don't pretend that I'd have a better life with you, you only cared about me when you found out who the prophecy was really about"

"I changed!" Dacre yelled, "my wife and daughter were murdered, I realised that the prophecy didn't mean shit! I wanted you back!"

"You joined Voldemort after he killed Vega and Vivian"

"Don't say their names" he spat, "don't you see? Don't you see, I've been protecting you!"

"Bullshit" Athena cried, "my mother saved me and you blamed her for killing... she would never! You're insane, they threw you in St Mungo's for a reason"

"You would go insane too if you lost everything" Dacre continued, "I lost everything I had in a second"

"You're crazy!"

"I know" he laughed and Athena could see the insanity sparking in his eyes, "I'm crazy for good reason Rena"

"Is this where you come in and try to convince me to not want to rip your eyes out because it's not going to work"

Dacre paused, he stared at Athena for a moment before he lowered his wand completely, placing it onto the bustled coffee table. Suddenly Athena could see the man behind the insanity, who he had once been before the war. She remembered how her aunt had described him. Charming, funny, a lot like Rena.

"Is that what you want me to do?"

"No" she shook her head, "I don't trust you, I don't trust anything you say, you lied to me too! Why would you do that?"

"I told you" he sighed, "I was protecting you"

"You tortured me" Athena pointed out, "you watched me scream and you laughed, you laughed! Your curse hurt the most, do you know what that means? It means you meant it, nothing you say can convince me of anything, you're not a dad, you're a psychopath"

Madness entered his eyes again, sparks popped in his brain as he raised his eyebrow at her. Slowly he lowered himself into the sofa while Athena still stood with her wand pointed at him. He didn't seem to care, he seemed to think that she had no intention of cursing him, and to be fair he was right.