(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) the prewett twins

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA LET HER SCREAMS TAKE OVER as she stared down at Fabian who was blankly staring up at her. If she'd only been faster, Athena had very nearly saved Fabians life and now his empty eyes would forever haunt her dreams.

It had been Bellatrix who killed Fabian. Her husband having killed off his brother. She'd left Sirius lying unconscious next to Lucius' body but Athena knew that if he were dead she'd be singing about it.

Athena hadn't been prepared for the array of spells that hit her as she knelt beside Fabian, tears tracing her cheeks. Redolphus, Bellatrix and the Carrow's were all spurting curses at her. It hurt so bad and Athena could do nothing but yell.

They stopped, thinking that they'd won. Athena was alight with magic. It wasn't just swimming over her skin but swirling in her veins. Lights of green, red, blue, purple, silver and many more. The spells graced her hair, swirled around her and coated her eyes in a glimmering sheen.

She stared up at them, even her tears now glowing blue. They looked right back as Athena stumbled to her feet, staring at her hands now covered in a glistening coat of magic.

"Hit her again!" Bellatrix cried. Athena's eyes snapped up to look at Lestrange and she relished in the fact that she looked scared. They feared her and Athena had never felt more powerful, never felt more in control.

She could kill them all if she wanted to. They'd killed the Prewett twins, they'd killed so many. So many lives taken. Why shouldn't Athena kill them? Why did they deserve to live? They were scum. They were sickening.

Athena was stood in between the bodies of two people she'd grown close to. Two people she had called friends and around her sat the power to avenge their deaths. Fire, death, rage and magic swarming around her, swarming through her. So why shouldn't she just end it?

"I said hit her again!" Bellatrix screeched,

"You hit her again!" Redolphus cried, "she looks like she's going to blow up"

"She looks like a fucking demon" Alecto Carrow swore.

Athena turned her head and saw that everyone has stopped fighting now. They were all looking at her, shock, surprise littered their expressions. Kennedy looked amazed in pride but the others looked... fearful.

That's not what she wanted. Athena didn't want her friends to be scared of her. She didn't want to be feared by those who stood by her side. Athena imagined what Remus would say. He'd been scared for her, he'd always been scared for her. Remus had never liked her power. He wouldn't want her to do this.

Then she thought of Mary. Mary was dead at her hands, surely that was enough? She thought of the girls words. Athena, making a good death eater. Athena, being a killer. She was better than them, killing them would be feeding into the perceptions that she hated, the ones that made her want to scream.