(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) duplicate of betrayl

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"RENA SOMETHINGS WRONG" Remus said as he stared at her. His eyes bore no resemblance to the ones that she knew, they were cold and clouded over in a faint fog. Did he even know who he was?

"Everything's fine" Athena replied,

"How does it come so easy to you?" He asked,

"What?"

"Lying"

Athena's head was spinning. This wasn't real, this couldn't be real. She reached up and placed her hand on the side of his face to feel that his skin was cold as though death had taken him. She flinched and backed away as though he had burned her.

"You can't lie forever Rena, I'll figure out the truth sooner or later, surely you know that?"

"I didn't want to lie" Athena sobbed, "I'm protecting you Remus, don't you see I'm protecting you?"

"It'll only be worse when I find out"

"Nothing can be worse than I now feel Remus" Athena shook her head, "nothing"

"We'll see about that"

Athena's eyes snapped open and she found herself staring at the ceiling patterned in sunlight. Her eyes felt heavy with a slight pain. Why was waking up always so bitter?

The memories of the dream lingered with her as she tried to blink away her own exhaustion. Today was a Sunday and Athena had grown to know exactly what that meant. However today wasn't the regular dull and dragging order meeting, today was the day that she'd have to convey the news of Severus Snape.

She'd been trying to forget about it. The idea that there were two traitors in a group of people she trusted to the end was terrifying. Furthermore, if this was true then so was the prophecy that Trelawney made and she didn't want to know exactly what those words entailed.

Athena had been trying to figure out a way to give this information without giving away that Snape wasn't purely a death eater anymore. If Athena said this information was from a source, this would be relayed back to Voldemort and there was a risk that Snape could be caught up. However Athena was sure that she would be able to come up with something. As Snape had said, she was a Ravenclaw after all.

"Rena?"

She turned to see that Remus was watching her. She hadn't realised before now.

"Yeah?"

"You like like you're deep in thought, what's going on?"

Athena hadn't yet told Remus about the imposters yet again because it had been a weight on her own mind and she didn't want to pass this on. She also didn't want to start theorising who this might be and she didn't want to hear anyone else's guesses either. Something told her that this was going to cause disruptions.