(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) he is coming

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS SAT READING BY THE LIGHT OF THE SUN. It had been a while since she had picked up a good book and she was glad for the distraction. It was incredibly warm outside and she stretched her legs onto the chair opposite her so that the sun shone onto them.

Her week wasn't looking too bad so far. The middle of the month meant that the full moon was still two weeks away, it was a Thursday meaning she didn't have work. In fact she didn't have any responsibilities this day.

On Saturday she would be going to see Lily and James with Dorcas and Remus. She was very excited to see them again. She was especially excited to see Harry again. However she'd missed Lily and James a lot and seeing them had put her in a good moon on this morning.

Some birds flew overhead she she turned the page. The sun had been slightly too bright on the light cream pages however she'd cast a repelling charm on the book so that she didn't blind herself trying to read.

Her wand lay on the table in front of her along with her glass of lemonade. Athena had decided that the younger version of herself might have been right after all. Summer was a rather good season however she was sure that she'd grow bored of this heat after a while. Athena wasn't a great heat lover, heat came with sunburn and sweat which was a terrible combination.

As she skated her eyes over the words and felt as though she was being dragged into a whole other world just by reading. The patio door flew open and Remus came running out looking flushed and stressed.

"What is it?" Athena asked in panic as she placed her book down, not even caring right now if she lost her page (though she would have been annoyed if this was not important). She snatched her wand up and stared at Remus while he caught his breath.

"We have to go now! Order mission got ambushed"

"What order mission?" Athena asked, "we weren't told about an order mission"

"Moody and Kingsley called for help, they got a lead from the auror office about the location of some death eaters but there's loads of them Rena we have to go help"

"Right" Athena nodded as she grabbed hold of his arm, "right where are they?"

"Knockturn Alley" Remus replied before he apperated. Athena kept her eyes tight closed as she tried not to stress. She hadn't been in a proper fight since Oxford and back then she hadn't been scared of them because she knew she couldn't die. Now this was not the case, she was on the same level as everyone else.

They arrived in the middle of chaos and Athena ducked behind a shop wall immediately as something exploded. She had pulled Remus with her and the two of them stared at each other in panic as they rounded the corner slowly.

When Remus had said ambush he hadn't lied. There were about ten of them and only five order members (seven including Athena and Remus). Kingsley and Moody were doing most of the work, Dorcas and Sirius not far behind and Vance (who Athena had never seen fighting before) was duelling three at once with more skill than Athena could comprehend.