(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟑) the war's over

October 31st 1981

October 31st 1981

☽☽☽

ATHENA KNEW THE DAYS WERE LIMITED BUT she'd taken to ignoring this, it was better this way. October had gone as fast as any other month and towards the end she'd received at letter from Lily and James asking when she was going to visit again.

One Saturday she found herself with barely anything to do. Remus was working again, sitting to himself in the corner of the living room reading. She had been bored all day and now time was wearing on. It was seven now and the fact that she'd done nothing all day was getting to her.

"I think I'm going to go to Godric's Hollow" Athena yawned,

"At this time?" He asked,

"They said we could visit anytime" Athena pointed out, "I just need to get out of the house"

Remus looked up from his book and nodded,

"Ok, I'll see you later then"

"You can come with me, they'd love to see you too" Athena smiled,

"Maybe after I've finished writing this out" Remus agreed as he pointed to his work, "it shouldn't take more than half an hour"

"I can wait?"

"Nah you go I can tell you're bored" Remus smiled lightly. Athena replied with a small nod as she got up from her seat. Really she should have told Lily and James' that she was coming. They'd have to know for her to be able to get through the enchantments.

She supposed that she'd send a patronus when she got to Godric's Hollow. Athena gave Remus a small kiss on the cheek as she walked to the kitchen and pulled a jacket over herself. The weather had been cold recently. Right now it was raining slightly.

Athena supposed that November wouldn't be any better. Tomorrow would mark the first day of November but Athena didn't really pay attention to the changing months anymore since everyday felt the same.

She wrapped her jacket tight around herself before she turned on her heel and disappeared from the kitchen with a small pop. Athena arrived in the dark, cold and rain. Flecks of raindrops hit her face and she covered her head with her hands even though this was doing absolutely no good.

Athena would have placed a charm over herself to repel the rain but she supposed she wasn't far away from Potter Cottage. She continued to walk down the street, noticing no one as she did so.

As she approached the place where she knew the cottage was, she pulled her wand out of her pocket and was about to cast a patronus charm when she saw the corner of something she shouldn't be able to see. The cottage was right there, it should be hidden yet here it was.

Athena rounded the corner slowly, her hearing seemed to be amplified. Her eyes collided with the house that she knew well however she could tell immediately what had happened. The front of the house had been blown apart, rubble heaped onto the floor.