Chapter 6| CID

"Should we go to the management office?" I asked Aya. She was speechless. I can see that I got on her nerves this time. She looks like a teenage girl trying to sneak out at night, the one who got caught by her parents. 

12 Hours Ago

"Where have you been, Ciddy? I didn't know you are into packed meals, huh?!" 

Rick asked me, looking at the two packed meals I was holding. I just came back from the garden and the employees' parking. I've searched everywhere.

Where did you go, My Aya? 

30 Minutes Ago

"Rick, please do this for me, asking no questions, okay? I promise to obey whatever you ask me to do here in W." 

"Okay! Let me check the work schedule." Rick agreed and checked on the computer in the office he is occupying here in W supermarket. Then he presses the intercom. 

"HR? Yes, this is Rick Will... Waldon. Good morning. I can't find the list of the cashiers scheduled to work today. How many are they? Okay. So the rest is off today. Where is she right now? Thank you."

"Ciddy is on her way to the garden right now."

"Thanks, man!" I gave him a big hug as I rushed out to the garden. I left Rick frozen in his chair; eyes popped out in disbelief.

***

I was about to enter the garden, but I saw Aya silently taking the flowers she arranged last night from the table. The same cashier who replaced her previous night gave her a wink. They were talking in signs, and Aya signaled her way to the garden exit. I immediately run to the exit. I was planning to greet her good morning, but a plan came to me. As she walked out of the garden looking inside her bag, I stood in front of her. 

"Oops! What do we have in your hand, My Aya?"

I surprised her like hell. She paused and couldn't speak, opposite the Aya cursing me last night. I can see from her face that she knows she is in trouble.

"I ah, bought flowers." She sounded unsure. 

"Really, huh? Where is your receipt then? They assigned me to check the ins and outs from the garden today." I said in a soft, teasing tone.

Her lower lip trembled. I was sure as hell she got nervous. Her face looked confused, but fear covered her face immediately.

I got you! The victory caused my whole body to shiver. Therefore, I declare Cid Waldon the winner of this round!

"So no receipt, huh? Your face is telling me now that this has been an ongoing practice. Who else does it, My Aya? Let me guess, or should we go to the management office?" 

She was speechless. I cornered her, and she had nowhere to go. Then Rick came marching with the HR officer beside him. I'm freaking loving this scenario right now! 

There's no denying the guy deserved my praise this time. He came at the right time in the right place. I wanted to hug and kiss him!

"Mr. Williams, Miss Smith, good morning to you two." Rick and I were talking with our eyes. A skill we mastered when we were young boys. Whenever I do something that surely deserves my father's scolding, Rick is the trusted witness that my father never doubts. And, as always, Rick never throws me under the bus. 

"Miss Smith and Mr. Williams, I am sorry, but we need to talk in my office." The HR officer was giving Aya a sad face. And we all went to the HR office. We were all quiet on our way as Rick, and the HR officer guided us. I can see Aya's chest-pounding and her hands shaking.