(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) the way to help harry

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SNAPE STUMBLED INTO THE ROOM AND GAZED AROUND BETWEEN DUMBLEDORE AND ATHENA. Athena still had her wand raised, pointed now at Dumbledore's desk. It seemed Snape read her anger instantly just as she had done with him.

She lowered her wand as Snape walked into the room, his hands were shaking and it was evident that he had been crying. Athena had never seen him so broken, he was ever more so than when they had met with him on the hill.

"I thought...you were going...to keep her...safe..." Snape stumbled his words out, his voice cracked as though he had screamed out words. Athena didn't want to pity him, she was sure that she was going through worse considering that Snape had ruined his relationship with Lily years ago. That had been his fault, no one else's.

"She and James put their faith in the wrong person," said Dumbledore. "Rather like you, Severus. Weren't you hoping that Lord Voldemort would spare her?"

Athena felt her face heating up in anger. Dumbledore was even better at lying than she was. He knew that Lily and James had to die yet he'd never thought to tell Snape this. However, Athena thought that yelling this may be a sign of hypocrisy as she had done the exact same.

Athena hated that she was beginning to notice these similarities between herself and Dumbledore. It made her feel like she had some kind of disease or rash growing over her. Basically it made her wonder whether she was a terrible person.

Snape's breathing was shallow as he stared up at Dumbledore, trying to think of the right words to hurl at him. Athena was thinking she should suggest blowing something up as that had worked well with her however she decided against it.

"Her boy survives," said Dumbledore. With a tiny jerk of the head, Snape seemed to flick off an irksome fly. Athena could tell that he didn't care about Harry. Athena was furious at Dumbledore for even bringing him up after he'd pretended to care about him moments ago. After he'd sent him off to live with the Dursley's rather than Athena.

"Her son lives. He has her eyes, precisely her eyes. You remember the shape and color of Lily Evans's eyes, I am sure?"

Athena bit back her own tears. She definitely remembered them. However the image was replaced with her lifeless stare. Would this forever be captured in Athena's mind?

"DON'T!" bellowed Snape. "Gone...dead..."

He looked insane, his eyes wild and tinged red. She could see the hurt riddled over his features and Athena believed that he didn't deserve to feel it. He'd never appreciated Lily. He'd just lusted over her like the weird creep that he was.

"Is this remorse, Severus?" Dumbledore asked calmly,

"It's grief obviously" Athena snapped, "not that you'd know anything about that since you only care for yourself"