33

As you walked back to the dorm building, a slight sense of satisfaction surrounded you.

Everyone you had spoken with today had obviously expected some broken shell of a person, but you refused to give them that.

The sun had begun to set and you took a minute to admire the colors painting the sky.

"It's pretty tonight isn't it?" A voice came from behind you.

You jumped and turned around quickly, and came face to face with Shinsou.

"Dude, do not sneak up on me like that oh my gosh."

He chuckled, "sorry about that."

"It's fine, what are you doing out here?"

He wore a black T-shirt and a loose pair of sweatpants, his hands were in his pockets. He shrugged, "I like to take walks around this time. It's usually pretty peaceful, when I saw you I figured you may be doing the same."

"I'm actually just heading back from the main building, I had to talk to the teachers."

He gave a knowing look, "right. I'm hoping that went...well?"

You laughed. "I kinda just told them all to shove it. Looking back I may have been a little intense, but they don't get to give me some half-assed apology and expect me to accept it. For once I just wanted to see the heroes held accountable."

"I agree, I think it's good that you stood your ground."

"Yeah," you studied him for a moment as the sunlight began to fade. "You look different, not in a bad way or anything but.."

He put his hand on the back of his neck and looked down. "Yeah, I've been working on my physical strength and combat skills lately. Because my quirk isn't a physical one, to stand a chance at becoming a hero I've gotta know how to fight too."

"Oh, kind of like Aizawa does. That's cool."

He nodded, "he's actually trained with me a few times. It's been pretty helpful."

You raised your eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything but I have an opportunity to be switched into the hero course. I just have to be able to prove myself in combat."

"That's awesome, I'm sure you'll make it in."

He gave a small smile, "thanks."

You sighed, "I should probably get back to the dorms. I'm not technically supposed to be outside after dark without supervision."

"That does make sense, I'll see you around." He began to walk away.

"Hey." You called after him and he turned. "I was gonna start my training back up on Monday anyway, so if you ever want to stop by we can help each other out. No guarantees I won't kick your ass though."

He laughed, "that would actually be great. What time do you think?"

You shrugged, "probably just after class. I was planning on starting with some basic workouts just to build my stamina again."

"Are you sure that you're healed enough? You don't want to put too much strain on yourself after-"

"I'm fine, trust me."

His expression turned into something unreadable but quickly disappeared. "Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow."

You nodded and turned back in the direction of your dorm building, and watched as the last remnants of the sun dipped below the horizon.