S2 E5: All In (RE-READ THIS!!)

Edited January 1, 2022

RE-READ THIS BECAUSE I CHANGED WHAT CAMILA CALLS DANIEL AND I LIKE IT A LOT BETTER LOL 

***

Demetri wasn't exactly the best at karate. I wasn't even sure he really wanted to be here. He seemed uninterested, and he wasn't being patient enough with Mr. LaRusso. I felt bad for my friend. He just wanted to stick up for himself when it was necessary. 

Robby, Sam, Vinnie and I were on the deck of the pond, practicing the Wheel. Sam lost her footing and almost slipped, to which Robby reached out and steadied her before she fell. I felt jealousy rushing through my veins when she looked at him with a sparkle in her eye. 

"Thanks," she told my boyfriend, who was very shirtless, and very sweaty. 

It was extremely hot today, and we all had on minimal clothing. Sam was in a tank and yoga pants, Robby was wearing shorts, and Vinnie was shirtless and in sweatpants. His Calvin Klein underwear peeked out of the waist band. I was wearing workout gear; a pair of Nike shorts and a sports bra. Demetri, who had been watching us for a few minutes, was the only one fully-dressed. 

"Uh, hey are we doing shirts versus skins? 'Cause I prefer to be a shirt. Not saying that you have to be a skin. Unless you want to. I support your right to choose." Demetri said, causing all of my friends to awkwardly smile and nod. I fixed my ponytail. Vincent nudged me, and pointed his head toward Demetri. 

"Is he always like this?" Vinnie asked me, as Mr. LaRusso moved Demetri over to him. 

"Yeah," I sighed. "but I mean, that's who he is. He's a very nice person, guys. He may not be what others think as 'cool,' but he is cool. You just have to get to know him," I stood up for my friend, with a small smile. The others nodded. 

"Those assholes from Cobra Kai love to torment him. I just feel bad. Demetri doesn't even realize that they're treating him like garbage. He stays with them because they were all he had. Now, he has us. And we have to prove that to him," I said. 

"You really care about your friends, Diaz," Vincent said, softly, with a small smile. I nodded. 

"I do," I admitted. I looked over at Demetri again, overhearing him calling himself 'weak.' "I really do," I sighed. 

*

We grabbed a quick bite to eat at the mall. Robby was showing us his ID, and as soon as we saw the picture we laughed. 

"Oh, sweet man bun." Sam giggled, as Vincent snatched it from her hand to laugh. 

"I told you it was a horrible picture," Robby defended. 

"If you were friends with me at the time, I could've warned you this was a fad." Sam told him. 

"Yeah, well, I'm stuck with it for five years, so no biggie, right?" he said. 

"I think you look cute," I flirted, giving him a wink. He blushed and rolled his eyes. 

"Wait. 'Robert Swayze Keene'?" Sam asked with that same sparkle in her eyes. I shuffled in my seat.

"My mom was a huge fan of Patrick Swayze," Robby said. "He was an actor in the 80's," he told us. 

"Yeah, like I haven't seen Dirty Dancing, like, a hundred times." Sam chuckled. Vinnie eyed me across the table when he noted my discomfort. 

"My mom made me watch it all the time," Robby said. 

"Made you?" Sam asked. 

"Okay, maybe I liked it," Robby admitted, making Sam laugh.