S2 E9: Pulpo

Edited January 2, 2022
***
"Mama? Have you seen Miggy? We were supposed to go see a movie," I asked, as I walked into the kitchen the next day. My mother looked beautiful. She was wearing a pretty, red dress. I hadn't seen her in quite a while, and she looked surprised to see me. "Ooh, you look beautiful, Mom," I said, smiling. "Are you going on a date?" I gasped. "With who?"

"Camila, calm down. Gracias, mija," she laughed. "It's just dinner," she insisted, making me smile. "So, where have you been the past couple of weeks. I tried calling. I was worried," she told me. Obviously, not worried enough.

"Miguel and I haven't been seeing eye to eye lately. I was staying with a friend from my karate class," I kissed her cheek.

"Well, i'm glad you're home mija. How's your boyfriend?" she asked, and I stiffened.

"Uh, he's not my boyfriend anymore. I really don't want to talk about it," I sighed. My mother's face fell. "Where'd you say Miguel was?"

"Oh, I think he's in his room," my mother replied, kissing my cheek, and going to answer the door, which had just received a knock. I nodded, and went to his room.

"Miguel?" I opened the door, to see him kissing Tory. "Shit, sorry, guys!" I squeaked. Tory laughed.

"No problem," she said.

"Uh, are we still going to see a movie?" I asked my brother, who shrugged.

"Would you rather go to a party? Moon is having one, and she asked us to go," Miguel asked me.

"Oh, yeah, sure. That sounds fun. Um, can I ask--"

"Yes, you can invite Vinnie," he chuckled. "Moon won't mind. Everyone is gonna be there,"

"Okay." I smiled. "What should I wear?" my brother looked clueless, and Tory shot up from her spot, making him groan.

"I'll help!" she said. I grinned.

"Great, thanks," I said. She didn't seem so horrible. I mean, yeah, Sam didn't like her, but it's my brother's girlfriend. I have to try to like her.

*

"Definitely wear a cropped shirt. Maybe this one?" Tory pulled the maroon shirt from my closet. It was cropped, but it tied around the front. "No way. Is that a tattoo?" I stiffened. The only person who knew about my tattoo was Robby.

"This shirt is that short? There's no way I can wear this." I said, taking the shirt off.

"No, no, leave it! You look pretty," Tory smiled. "Besides, I don't think anyone would care about one little tattoo. Have you seen Hawk? He's covered in them. Trust me, no one will even notice. And you're secret is safe with me." she said, holding out her pinky. I laced it with mine.

"Okay, fine. Now. High-waisted shorts, or a skirt?" I asked.

"Definitely the shorts. Preferably the white ones. The go better with your skin tone." Tory said. "Oh, and wear those cute maroon Vans I saw in your closet too." I smiled. I could see us becoming friends.

"So! I know we kind of got off on the wrong foot," I told her. "But i'm willing to leave it all in the past if you are?"

"Hey, you and I didn't get off on the wrong foot. That was Sam and me. And I heard what she did to you, and I'm really sorry." Tory said, frowning.

"Thanks, it means a lot," I said, quietly. Tory really doesn't seem all that bad.

*

The party was insane. Everyone from school was there, and Vinnie spotted our Miyagi-Do friends as well. We decided to hang with Chris and Demetri. I hugged Tory, before I walked off, to which Sam scoffed when she saw that. I ignored her.