S2 E10: No Mercy

Edited January 2, 2022
***

I woke up in a familiar room that smelled of mint and vanilla. My heart skipped, and I smiled to myself.

Vinnie.

I remembered last night, and how Vinnie took me to the skate park to look at the stars. We just talked about anything as we sat there, swinging our legs. Okay, so maybe he kissed me again, but it was a spur of the moment.

We were happy, and there was no labeling us, so that was all that mattered.

"Camila, get your lazy ass up and out of bed, and let's get this party started!" Vinnie yelled, scaring me to death when he bursted into his room with a plate full of chocolate chip pancakes.

"What the hell?" I muttered. "Why are you so...oh my God, how could I forget? Happy birthday, baby," I squeezed his cheeks, and he smiled. He was adorable.

"Thank you," he smiled.

"Don't you look handsome? For school," I stated. Vinnie shrugged.

"I just wanted to look extra good today. I always look handsome. And besides, it's the first day," he said. I nodded.

"Okay, okay," I giggled. "Chocolate chip pancakes are my literal favorite. I love you," I sighed, as he shoved the plate into my hands.

"Mine too," he smiled. "My dad makes them for every special occasion," he chuckled. I licked my lips clean of chocolate, and stood up.

"Shit, I still have to go get changed at my house. Can you take me to school?" I asked, and he scoffed.

"Duh," he said. "Go ahead and take your time getting ready. I'll have my dad write us notes in case we're late," he shrugged. I smiled and kissed his cheek, before leaving his house and walking over to mine.

*

I was done getting dressed quickly, and Vinnie and I were walking around the building with our hands intertwined. We stopped at my locker first, and I grabbed a few books, and then we walked to Vinnie's so he could do the same.

The halls were so crowded, and I assumed class didn't start yet since everyone was crowding around. Overall, it seemed like a pretty normal school day, though, I couldn't help but feel like something terrible was about to happen. I had this abnormal feeling in my gut, like today would be a day to remember. And not in a good way.

I looked around for my brother, spotting him outside.

"Let's go see Miggy," I told Vinnie, with a smile. He grinned, and nodded. "Miguel!"

He looked up from his phone, turning towards me. "Hey, Mila, Vinnie. Happy birthday, man," he greeted. "Get home okay last night, guys?"

"Yeah. I just didn't want to be there after.." I trailed off, and Miguel nodded.

"I understand. Still, I'm glad you came for a little bit," he said. "It's nice to see you finally getting out of your shell. You seem very comfortable. Guess I have you to thank for my sister's happiness, Moore," he smiled over at Vinnie, who looked down at me with a look I couldn't quite decipher.

I grinned. "Yeah," I agreed with my brother. "I'd probably still be crying over-"

"Robby?" Vinnie gasped, looking at someone in the distance. I twisted my head, practically giving myself whiplash when I saw my ex, walking into the building with a book bag.

"He came back to school?" I scoffed, slightly impressed. Miguel's eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait, didn't you guys work together at LaRusso? What ever happened to your job?" he asked.