― chapter 01.

❝i didn't know your dojo had an asshole day

❝i didn't know your dojo had an asshole day.❞

AYANE CAIN HAD ONLY BEEN IN THE VALLEY for five minutes, and she already hated it.

She lost track of the number of rich, skinny, blonde white girls that they passed by in the car. Ayane felt more interested staring at the car headrest.

The girl was jetlagged, tired, and pissed. She had no interest in whatever reason her parents decided to move. Ayane wanted to go back to Chicago. That was her home.

Looking up at once, Ayane quirked an eyebrow as they pulled into a gated driveway, showcasing a massive white house.

"Is this our new house?" she asked, craning her neck to see it.

"Indeed it is," Ennis replied, shutting the car engine off.

She got out of the car, stretching her legs and taking it in. This place was going to be hard to make a home. It looked so uninviting, so unwelcoming.

The moving trucks pulled in behind them, and as soon as they parked Ayane got right to taking her things in. She wanted to be the first to get a room. It was the least her parents could allow, since they dragged her to this shithole.

Ayane settled on a room, not really giving a shit whether it was the master bedroom or not. Her dad may have been the strictest man alive, but he gave Ayane the best.

After all, she was his 'prized possession'.

It was not until a few minutes later that Liana came knocking.

Ayane turned to her mother, visibly hassled.

"Getting settled?" she asked, walking into the room.

Ayane and Liana's relationship was very complicated. While Ayane knew that Liana loved her, it was not the love like a mother to a daughter. It was more of a love like when you just feel like you're supposed to.

Liana loved her because Ennis loved her. But the way Ennis loved her was how someone loves their favorite sports team, not their daughter. When Ayane disappointed him, there was not much love to go around then.

And it was what she was used to. What she expected. She had never known a true love, a deep and caring love that you just feel in your soul.

Ayane nodded to her mother at once. "Sure."

Liana's face remained expressionless as she finally looked at Ayane and said, "Your father wants us to go explore the city. Get to know it."