ˢᵒʲᵒᵘʳⁿ 3

ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ sᴀᴡ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴇɴᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴅᴇ́ᴊᴀ̀ ᴠᴜ

It's only been a few days and the foreign concept of even allowing council meetings at both schools is just plaguing your absentminded daydreaming

It's only been a few days and the foreign concept of even allowing council meetings at both schools is just plaguing your absentminded daydreaming. Or nightmare—if that depicts your situation any more elucidated.

Even when both student councils voted against the favour of combining both councils, the principals decided that they wouldn't care. Instead, they are now merging both councils into one in the meantime for the festival.

Groaning in misery, you trudge down the corridor that follows into the designated classroom of the student council. As much as you wish you were full of kalopsia, you weren't. And even if Greek could describe something so immaculately unfathomable, you discerned it with a heated passion.

"This has got to be the worst thing to ever happen to Aethra." Grumbling under your breath, you don't even process that you're already in front of the door of your supposed council hangout. And if all hail acatalepsy, then it seems as if the name Aethra really is a contraindication. Aethra means brightness, splendour; clear sky. It's taken from Latin. However, it's distinct that the name is clearly the opposite reigning at school grounds. What splendour can one find from a rivalry that runs so deep that it has no boundaries?

It's an incapable incarnation of sciamachy. A battle against imaginary enemies; fighting against your own shadow. It truly feels like that. Or at least you wish.

It would be so much easier to battle your own shadow.

"Thank you for arriving on time today, y/n." The SC teacher running the club is a chunky, stocky male in his late 60s. The greying in his hair is evident and the thick block rims of his black glasses stonewall any inch of his wrinkly, sagging skin.

Without even shooting him a smile, you nod, the dislike lacing your actions. "The moment I stepped in here, I started to regret that."

Maneuvering your way towards an empty seat on your school's side of the room, someone sticks a leg out in an attempt, frugal and froward, to trip you. In the spur of the moment, you instantly halt. Your foot is merely a few centimetres from lilting you into a troublesome tumble from grace to the cold hard ground. Trailing your pupils to the side, your eyes connect with the one you could say that you despise the most in your life. "Lee Donghyuck."

Haechan raises an eyebrow at you. "Y/l/n y/n."

You only used his real name as you know it's the only way to get under his skin.

"Move your leg out of the way and you might not receive a nasty bruise to the face." Boredom buzzing in your breezy timbre, you barely even spare him a glance.

The tautness in the room doesn't do much to both of you, actually aiding to rile the both of you up much more. Everyone can't help but watch the exchange with immense curiosity, particularly those who are new to each specified team.

He chuckles. But it's not a kind one. It's more of a mocking jest. "Make me. I doubt you can do much, y/n."

Running a hand through your hair, the troubling emotion being bottled deep within, you follow your irises to meet his. "Let me set this straight. Do not ever underestimate me. Don't test me."

To which Haechan snickers as if it's the funniest joke he's heard in a while. "Who knew y/n was a comedian?" He laughs, all eyes on him.

Having enough of his shit, you simply sidestep his leg and continue on your way. Slipping the chair the furthest the distance between you and Haechan that it can go, you finally face the teacher.

"Settle down. Be nice. Don't be at each other's throats yet." The short man sharply passes Haechan and you a scathing glance. "Today is officially the first time we're meeting as the newly merged student council for the New Years festival."

The teacher half-heartedly scans the room of students, divided down the middle by gender. "As with that," He clears his throat as if there is something stuck there. "I would like to clarify a few things about the event first. Then I shall address the matter between both ADH and MSS."

And for a while, the teacher rambles in the razor-sharp tension between ADH and MSS student council teams.

Still, eventually, he makes his way down to the last thing. the adamantine words cause a stir. The arcadian mood in the SC teacher is selcouth in vagary.

And it proves to be just as damned as redamancy. "The student council presidents... They will stay the same."

for one, i'm super sorry that you might have to google some definitions

for one, i'm super sorry that you might have to google some definitions. i don't know how i know these words 😔 tbh, i don't think i even used some of them right haha