**Chapter 22: Inevitable Defeat

SEASON 3 SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER. BUCKLE UP KIDDOS! GRAB YOUR POPCORN OR SNACK OF CHOICE AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

CHAPTER 22:

THIRD PERSON POV

Zelena Bloom presses her back to the door, her arms protectively flattened out on either side of her against the wall as the Eagle Fang group stands to their feet to leave. She promised Miguel and Sam she wouldn't pressure any of them into staying if they didn't want to, but she wouldn't let them leave without a try of common sense. Everyone in the LaRusso living room had a common enemy- the new version of Cobra Kai dojo. "No one is leaving this house until you listen to absolute reasoning." Everyone slowly lowers back onto the various seating arrangements around the living area, eyeing the familiar brunette for a sign of unhingement.

Right here in front of the LaRusso home, three weeks ago, she collapsed into Miguel and Demetri's arms. The next morning when she arrived at school, whispers littered the halls about the video that was leaked on some untraceable, anonymous page showcasing him shoving Zelena and her running to her car as he chased after her. Her eyes had been undeniably puffy and red- it didn't take rocket scientists to figure out what exactly had happened and how she felt about it. Though her world had collapsed pretty largely, there were other things lingering in the air that could literally be a case of life or death. She placed herself back together and many wondered how stable she was.

First the original disolving of her trio, then the spliting of her life between the two dojos, then the spats here and there, then the big argument at the party, then the fall, and now losing her best friend for the final time- she couldn't possibly be that strong. It was something those closest to her wondered too. She hadn't leaned on anyone besides that evening to physically release it all.

Miguel and Sam had tried tirelessly to explain to the small group of their residual dojos why they needed to work together. Neither could get through to them. Demetri slams his hand on the coffee table and stands to his feet, "This is exactly what those assholes at Cobra Kai want. Since you were one of them, you're an asshole too. So were you." He points to Chris who mutters how he wasn't one. "So was I. Well, at least I wanted to be one." Sam and Miguel share a look while a genuine smile quirks the corner of Zelena's lips upwards. "But now Cobra Kai is the worst collection of assholes in the Valley. Run by the king of all assholes. So if by merging with Eagle Fang, weird name by the way, can keep us all from getting shit on. Then we'd all be assholes not to do it. I'm sorry for all the 'assholes'."

Zelena bursts into laughter at the mixture of confusion and disgust painted across Demetri's expression due to his lack of eloquent dialogue. The room turns to stare at the brunette girl, grinning as her amusement grows contagious with each giggle that bounces from her lips. She fans her hand outward, trying to calm herself quiet while also encouraging Demetri to continue. "I usually take pride in my grandiloquence, but it's an emotional time." His eyes sweep over to his best friend who slightly sobers up at the somberness in his tone. He offers her a half smile, happy to see her smiling again but dismayed at the circumstance at which it falls.

"So, Miggy, Sammy... where do we start?" Zelena inquires, moving back into the living area instead of blocking the door with her body.
--------------------------------------------
Samantha had invited the newly combined crew to seat themselves at the table so everyone had to face each other. "Nope. If everyone refuses to sit mixed in, I am placing you. Chris, sit across from Mitch. And Bert, you're sitting across from Nathaniel. Jacob can sit across from Nick when he returns from the bathroom." Groans of disagreement fill the air, but hush when they see the mom pose Zelena's embodying with her arms crossed over her chest, her head slightly bowed, her single right eyebrow raised, and her eyes pointedly staring them down. Immediately, they slide into their respective seats, Miyagi Do on the left and Cobra Kai on the right.