ˢᵒʲᵒᵘʳⁿ 7

ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛs, ɪ'ʟʟ sᴛɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ

Eventually, the skies fall and dusk precedes. It is merely 8:00 PM but the party for 'pre-Halloween' is already in full swing. There are red solo cups littered by the mansion in where the party's hosted. Drunk bodies are scattered across the luscious lawns, either laying down flat (most likely due to the alcohol) or chatting and getting away from the noisy music. The bass of the boosted speakers thunder through the ground, and you're almost sure that the ground is alive with the way it's shuddering.

You have no idea why these people are wasted. It's only 8 and everyone's already reached their limit.

And why even have a party for pre-Halloween?

Soon, it seems like your questions are answered.

Kina trudges onward, being quite used to the fiesta-like environment. Out of the both of you, she was more the social butterfly while you preferred to avoid others. That gives off a strange dynamic to the others in school. You're seen as cold, reserved, and downright intimidating. But Kina is seen as warm, approachable, and friendly. Why? Well, because of her big mouth and colluding fashion style.

In short, she's more 'trendy'. More than you'll ever be.

You're probably considered as the 'girl who sits in the corner'. And might as well add 'planning a stupid new years festival for ungrateful students with the most intolerable being on the entire planet'. A real devil for the Lord's sake.

"Jeno!" A shrill of excitement breaks forth your trance and Kina's clasp from your arm drops. She glides over in Jeno's direction with ease, a charming smile out on display.

As well, Jeno's eye smile accompanies a sincere acknowledgement with a grin. Frankly, Jeno is quite attractive. His black hair shields the fronts of his forehead, brush lightly over his long eyelashes. His dark amber eyes are always observant and never judgemental. He's currently dressed in a pair of ripped denim jeans, along with a casual white t-shirt with a luxury logo overtop.

"It's good to see you here, Kina." Jeno smiles wider. Meanwhile, you redistribute your weight back and forth between your two legs. Awkward and rigid, you can't relax into the upbeat atmosphere.