22

In the eighth month she was destroyed.

The change had been so subtle, so slow, that Camila hadn't been able to notice how serious it was. No one, in fact, was able to notice.

The sunglasses, the beanie, the jacket, the bandages on her wrists, the use of colors, the shoes on her precious feet, the position of the table on which they sat... Details so small that they may seem insignificant, but they definitely made a big difference in the painter.

The day began as it had been the previous month: with Camila in Lauren's arms.

"Time to wake up, Camz."

Slow tender kisses descended from her bare back, and with a sleepy sigh Camila tried to keep her eyes closed to enjoy more of that moment.

"I know you're awake, love. You're terrible at acting."

A smile was drawn on her lips as she heard that tender tone of voice.

"It is still very early" Camila complained when she squinted. A curtain of sleep still covered her, and every second her eyes threatened to close again.

"I know, but I had an interesting dream that I'd love to recreate with you."

"If that dream didn't involve sleeping together in this bed I don't even want to know that it existed."

"It involved much more interesting things than sleeping in this bed, I swear" The painter insisted before beginning to draw patterns on the naked legs of the tattoo artist, who began to feel that pleasant tingling in the belly.

Lauren's touches felt like brushstrokes on her skin, and were as sensual as they were artistic.

Yet her mind threatened to return her back to the world of dreams. Her eyelids weighed as much as the desire that ran through her body at the time.

<<Fuck it>> Camila thought with a yawn <<We can recreate that scene later>>>

"Let me sleep a little more, Lauren. I have to work today."

"Camz..." Lauren complained.

Her words were full of need.

"If you're so desperate you can watch porn and have some fun with yourself. It won't bother me.

"I don't want to watch porn, Camz. I don't like it."

"Of course you do! You're a vagina lover, aren't you? ...Look for a couple of pictures!"

"I am not a vagina lover" Lauren complained with some frustration.

Even with her eyes closed, Camila knew that Lauren was doing a lovely pout.

"I really hope that's a joke. The last time I looked in the mirror there was nothing else down there."

Lauren laughed at her, and only with this sound would the tattoo artist have given in to all her requests.

"I'm just one vagina lover, Camz. Yours."

Her words would have been amusing to Camila if not for the mischievous hand that slipped between her legs to make her moan.

"Okay, you win. But make it quick. I want to sleep again."

Lauren smiled before kissing her, and sighed that she had never felt so alive.

***

The day was quite normal. Tattoos, paintings and common situations became present.

Nothing foretold the coming disaster.