chapter 12

you rest your head on the cold kitchen table as you think things over about the last few weeks. you were unsure about a lot of things but one thing you were sure of is, you were falling for suna.

you lightly sigh as you realize that this isn't what you wanted to occur in your new beginnings at Inarizaki high.  it went against everything you wanted. but of course, your heart likes to make dumb decisions without your consent.

everytime you thought about his toothy smile your face became hot and your stomach swirled in ways like the smoke did from suna's parted lips. doing all these exciting and new things with suna made your heart race without thinking about the consequences.

it was the last day of winter break and you weren't sure if you were ready to go back or not. the last time you saw suna was when he left the day of the snowball fight, his light pink cheeks & nose from the cold always filled your brain.

you didn't want to ask for advice from anyone because then it would become a bigger part of your reality. you were just hoping that you could push but far enough down your skull until they weren't present.

suna isn't a bad guy necessarily, he just isn't good either. he's the type of guy you could chill with on a saturday night and do wild things but you could never picture him settling down with anyone, much less yourself.

you toss a colored rubber ball up and down on the ground, thinking about things that you shouldn't be thinking.

•••

you pull over a maroon school shirt with a black pleated skirt, the length resting an inch or two above your knee. you did your hair and put on a natural look for school, adding mascara to your eyelashes & concealer in places needed. you lather on some vanilla bean chapstick and shut the door to your room.

you put on your shoes and pull over a black crew neck with the schools name written across. you closed the door behind you and plugged in your headphones.

you put on a new song that came out the other day named drivers license.

you hummed to the beat as your feet made little indents in the wet snow laid across the ground.

you crossed your arms and yawned loudly, trying your best to wake yourself up.

"yo, y/n!" you hear muffled against the beat of the music. you unplug a headphone out of your ear as you turn your head behind you. there hiroki was, lightly waving his hand, clinging onto his bag as he walked towards you.

"oh hey! long time no see." you stated with a smile, high-fiving his hand.

"how'd break treat you?" he asks, stuffing his hands inside of his pockets.

"it was okay, mostly by myself since my mom worked."

"man, you could've called katsumi and I over! we could've had a blasttt." he exclaims, a wide smile spreading across his face.

"yess, sorry about that." you say with a light laugh.

"no worries!" he gently pats your back and quickly goes up the stairs towards the entrance doors.

hiroki holds the door open for you and you walk ahead, saying "thank you sir!"

"you're welcome madam!" he says as he bows, the door closing behind him. you both chuckle at his silly retort and enter class.

you spot katsumi and wave violently towards her. she waves back lightly, a small smile appearing on her face.

you bounce to your seat, jumping as you hear your name being yelling.