11.

Song of the Chapter: Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex

Blaise's POV

                                        "Well?"

        Malory looks at me, confused.

          I do a complete circle. "Do you like my suit?"

                      "Oh! I love it, I'm very impressed."

       I nod, thanking her, then hold my hand out to her. Instead, she wraps her arm around mine, interlocking at the elbows.

           (Malory's dress for the dance)                      

        "Shall we?"

        The doors to the great hall open automatically for us as we walk forward into the nicely decorated room already filled with dozens of students. My first instinct is to search for Aary but I don't have to look for long; Fred's bright orange hair stands out in the middle of the dance floor.

                "How did everyone get here before us?" Malory huffs.

                   "Not everyone," I say. "I don't see Drac-"

        Just as the words come out of my mouth I feel two hands grab onto my shoulders aggressively from behind.

        "Did you guys just get here too?" Draco laughs. "See Pansy, I told you we aren't late."

               She rolls her eyes at Draco, then smiles at Malory and I.

                "Are you guys here together? Like as a couple?"

         Before either one of us can reply, Draco butts in again. "Them? A couple? That's a good one."

       The tension between us all could be cut with a knife. Clearly Draco isn't giving Pansy the attention she wants, I want to be with someone else, and Mal is just being Mal.

           So quickly, she changes the subject. "Pansy, your dress is so pretty."

                         "Thanks! Yours is really pretty as well."

        Malory nods awkwardly, then starts tugging on my jacket sleeve as a signal to get the fuck out of here. Luckily I want the same thing.

                  "Well, we're probably going to go dance." I tell Draco.

          "Of course, that's what these things are for anyway." He says while looking around at all of the students.

         It gets quiet again so Malory and I slowly start to walk off until Draco thinks of something else he wants to say.