𝐕𝐈𝐕 - 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 & 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲

***

If I tell you
If I tell you now
Will you keep on
Will you keep on loving me?

***

February 02, '01
Twiggy's POV

***

Sean and myself had locked a big deal with Sony, Apple, and UGM some days ago. I had hired an accountant, Andrew Lawson, a Morehouse brother. He opened up multiple accounts for me, including a credit union type, ensuring the safety and longevity of my money.

"I've got a few do's and don't's for you, brotha. First of all, don't do anything for the next 60 days. Don't go buying any luxury items too quickly, so that chain, Lambo, and mansion gon' have to wait. Don't sell nothin', too. I'm sure you're aware that, despite having had money before, you're in a next level tax bracket here," he'd said to me.

He continued, "I've made a complete inventory of everything you already have, drafted a simple financial plan to follow, and planned out a due diligence period before you go makin' any decisions. Now, one thing you can do is clear any and all debts. Yours and others close to you. You're in the clear from what I can see, but you got a mama drownin' in credit debt? Go help that woman out ASAP. Your money will be worth a lot more to you post-tax if you pay your debts now, rather than sit on 'em. You're new money, so we can swerve an estate tax and all the other complex inheritance taxes, but all the basics plus your new income tax? Gotta keep that in mind."

"Also, I'll work on ways to get you tax cuts. About 3 to 4 months from now, make a donation. A big one. I'll get you a tax deductible, hopefully about 50-60% on your net income, as well as a 10% federal tax credit, maybe 15. Make sure to make it a habit. You'll get your money back and then some. And finally, if you really itchin' to buy somethin', a car, boat, or that chain, do it now and that's it. I'm just given' you the best advice: take it or leave it, but please don't go messin' this up," he finished before leaving me in the Starbucks, dazed at our conversation.

You can read a book or two, hear a story here and there, but nobody really knows or tells you what happens when you get rich. I just woke up one morning and felt like the world's best kept secret.

Sean got a big payday, too. Something he could take home to his dad, something to finally make him proud of him: his American dream. Up until now, Sean and Willis had been the only people involved with any of my success.

Knowing I had no debts to pay and owing Willis big time, I took my accountant's advice and wired one of my accounts over to them, a tax-free $20 million for Willis and his wife, Sinéad. I'd bought Willis' shop for him, and paid off any other debts they needed cleared. Sinéad had expressed wanting to move back to New Orleans, where she came from, and settin' up in an Antebellum property. Hatin' to crush her dream for the moment being, I spoke to Willis and got him to convince her they travel the globe for a few months before really settlin' down. Heading my accountant's advice was the smartest thing I could do right now; plus, it was a win-win for us all.

Aware of my financial limitations for the moment being, I remembered Andrew saying how I could splurge on a single toy. I had a nice ride. I didn't care for a boat, not yet. And a chain? I had my share of jewelry, namely, a whole lotta watches: leather Cartier, Panerai, and a collection of IWC Pilot's. That and a few simple gold links and chains, including a diamond Cuban link. But jewelry got me thinkin' 'bout Yana and I knew just what I'd do tomorrow, ealry Saturday morning.

***

"Yo Rat, my man," I called out after gettin' buzzed into Howard Ratner's diamond shop. He was a diamond jeweler and a fuckin' debt-ridden mess, but his shop was still the only one I fucked with in the whole Diamond District. Personally, I liked the nigga, despite the constant trouble he got himself in.