24

"oh eunha" jeno greeted, eunha looked up to him from her seat with a soft smile, "i'm sorry i'm late."

"it's alright. i came here early," she replied.

right after the drama broke out at the cafeteria earlier, eunha called jeno and requested to have a talk. knowing how unsafe school is, jeno told her to meet up together at the cafe jaemin works at after school.

jeno was ten minutes late, as he went to grab some things at home. meanwhile, eunha came early as she didn't want to drop by her place before meeting him.

"i'll go get some drinks first. iced americano for you, right?" he asked, dropping his bag on the empty seat in front of eunha.

"i'll have iced chocolate, instead." eunha replied.

"alright. wait here." he said before leaving for the counter.

few minutes later, he came back and sat back in his seat.

"is jaemin around?" asked eunha.

"i didn't see him. maybe he's taking an off day, today." jeno replied, just as a waiter placed two drinks on their table. "do you want to meet him?"

"no, it's alright." she replied.

"so, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" asked jeno, giving his full attention to the girl before him.

"i was wondering if you could tell me more about the school dorms," she replied.

"the school dorms?" repeated jeno, "are you planning to move into the dorms?"

"nothing is confirmed yet, but i'm considering it." she said.

"but you're living in a big house and it's not that far away from school either. why are you moving out?" he asked, careful of his tone as he was genuinely curious.

"we move out often, my father and i. soon, he'll have to be in another town for his business. that house isn't our permanent house." she explained.

"i see," he replied, "do you have anything specific you want to ask about the dorms?"

after a few minutes of thoughts in silence, eunha asked, "how much will it cost? considering i still have a whole year and a few months in the school?"

"from what i know, renjun pays around ₩2,000,000 annually. so it's roughly around ₩200,000 monthly. the dorms are for individual use, complete with a bed, a desk, closets as well as the kitchen and toilet." he explained.

"i see," replied eunha, "do i have to fill in a form to stay in the dorms?"

jeno hummed before replying, "i can get the form for you tomorrow if you want. after filling in and getting your parents' signature, i'll accompany you to hand back the documents to the teacher."

"i need my father's signature? can't i proceed without his consent?" she asked.

jeno let out a light scoff before replying, "i know we're adults already, but their consent is needed for it."

after letting out a sigh, she replied, "alright, then. i'll go with you when you get the form tomorrow."

"anything else you want to ask?" asked jeno.

hesitant, eunha slightly nodded her head. he found her actions cute and so he let out a soft chuckle with a smile formed by his eyes, "what is it?"