Witness

Hermione, Ellie, and Ron paced the dark corridors quickly in search for Harry. Ron held the Marauders Map out for them to see, but his eyes scanned it helplessly.

"Bloody hell. We'll never find him on this," Ron commented, sighing disappointedly.

Hermione immediately pointed to the map where Harry's name was inked, his footsteps just outside the Room of Requirement.

"There he is, just there," Hermione announced confidently, her finger hovering over the parchment.

"Brilliant," Ron spoke.

"You're amazing, darling," Ellie complimented as one of her palms rested on the small of her girlfriend's back, placing a kiss on Hermione's temple.

"He just vanished. Just now. I saw it," Hermione frowned.

"I mean, what other room is hidden?" Ellie commented, realizing where Harry had gone.

"Maybe he's gone to the Room of Requirement," Ron suggested. "It doesn't show up on the map, does it? You said that last year."

"That's right. I-I did," Hermione stuttered, clearly shocked that Ron had remembered. She turned to Ellie, leaning her head to whisper in her ear. "How in Merlin's name does he remember that?"

"I'm surprised too," Ellie muttered before raising her tone to speak to Ron. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

"Let's go," Ron finalized as he began to jog in that direction.

"Brilliant," Hermione and Ellie spoke in unison.

Hand in hand, Ellie pulled Hermione with her, running to catch up with the red-head. They entered the hidden room, finding that it had been completely changed to showcase a variety of items, its towering piles reaching the ceiling.

They suddenly heard a voice: it was Draco's. Harry spoke to him, but Ellie couldn't make out what he was saying. Ellie pressed her fingers to her lips, turning to Ron and Hermione as a gesture to stay quiet. Slowly and carefully, the three of them inched around the corner. Without warning, Hermione turned the corner quickly and disarmed the blonde, his wand clattering to the floor.

"Hermione!" Ellie called out worriedly.

Ellie and Ron emerged from their hiding spot, immediately taking cover as a plethora of hexes flew from all directions.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle yelled, and Hermione ducked her head quickly, barely dodging the blast of green light.

"You bitch! That's my girlfriend!" Ellie snapped as she rose from her cover, immediately chasing after the Slytherins who had fled from the scene.

Ron followed Ellie, his wand drawn as he scrambled after the Hufflepuff.

"Draco!" Ellie called out, but the blonde only glanced backwards briefly. "Draco! Get back here!"

Goyle waved his wand at one of the objects, causing it to burn. The fire spread quickly, and soon enough, its flames had grown tremendously. Ellie stared in horror, frozen in place. Ron suddenly grabbed her, bringing her along as he began running.

"Run! Run!" Ron warned. "Goyle's setting the bloody place on fire!"

Ellie grasped Hermione's hand, pulling her along as they sprinted their way through the room. They heard the fire roar behind them, its heat nipping at their backs. They turned each corner swiftly, and Ron's screams seemed to overpower the fire.

A dragon made of fire roared in front of them, and the group quickly turned around to run in the other direction. They stopped in the middle, finding that each of their pathways were blocked by the consuming flames. Harry fired a spell, momentarily shielding them from the danger as Ron and Ellie fell to the ground. They hit their backs against a few brooms, and the two looked at each other with the same idea.