In the Morning

As predicted, Athena awoke the next morning to find herself completely tangled in Sirius. Blushing fiercely, she had untangled their legs and crawled out of the bed to get ready for their first day of classes. As she did her hair and makeup for the day, she couldn't help but think of their wedding, and what was to come after it. The ministry had it written in their law that the marriage was to be consummated immediately, and while Athena wasn't a virgin by any means, she was also far from experienced, and now she was incredibly nervous. Just thinking about it was making her blush. She re-entered the bedroom area and grabbed herself an outfit for the day, settling on a pair of trousers and her favorite sweater. She had just begun to change when she heard Sirius wake up. Exiting the bathroom, she smiled softly at his disheveled form standing by the window, already holding a cup of black coffee.

"Now where on Earth did you get that, and how can I get my hands on a cup?" He turned and smiled, half awake, as she poked her favorite earrings into her ears.

"Well, lucky for you, I had an elf bring up two cups this morning, along with some cream and sugar. Since I remember you adding quite a bit to your cup yesterday. Could you even taste the coffee?"

"Oh ha ha. You might want to get dressed, we'll be late for breakfast, and consequently, classes."  She waited patiently for him to get dressed, figuring that them showing up to breakfast together would be far less scandalous than showing up alone.

Breakfast was entirely uneventful. As were classes, unfortunately. Nothing incredibly out of the ordinary as potions was already a subject that held possible dangers. Possible dangers that she retold to Sirius that night as they relaxed in their room after dinner, sprawled across opposite ends of the comfortable sofa.

"The poor thing added just a few lion fish spines too many and the cauldron simply melted! I don't think I've ever seen a first year melt a cauldron attempting a Wiggenwald potion," She said giggling. Sirius chuckled along with her, despite not having the knowledge of the subject that she held. "It was so hard to not laugh. The little dear was already so mortified! How did your classes go? It must be interesting using Firenze's model of the sky?"

"It is actually. It's amazing to not have to be awake all night like I did in the beginning. Firenze was truly  heaven-sent with that little charm. Now, I can at least spend some time with you," He said, a slight smirk flitting across his lips.

"Easy there, lady-killer. We're still getting to know each other."

"Is that not what we're doing? Getting to know each other?" He seemed to be bringing himself closer to her.

"Sirius-" He seemed to be impossibly close now. Athena gulped, feeling a pit of nerves settle into her stomach.

"What," He questioned, tucking a section of her hair behind her ear. They were breathing each other's air now, lips so close that they were almost brushing. "I won't kiss you unless you ask for it, Athena. I want to make sure that you want this." She gulped once more.

"Just one word, love." His lips seemed to ghost over hers, almost touching, but not quite.

"Yes." With one word, Sirius closed the gap, placing one hand gently in her hair. The kiss itself was gentle, and amazing, in Athena's opinion. If he kissed her like this every day for the rest of their lives, she would be incredibly pleased. Too soon, he pulled away, leaving a small smile on her face.

"You can do that again, whenever you'd like, Love," He whispered, smirking. Laughing loudly, Athena smacked his chest.

"Don't make it weird, Black!"

"We're getting married because of a law created to rebuild the population. Truthfully, how much weirder could it get?"

A/N:

A short one today, mostly because I truly believe the kiss needed something kind of stand-alone. Also, we stan a consent king.