chapter thirty-one

CHAPTER TWENTY NINEHUSH HUSH

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
HUSH HUSH

SO YOU GUYS ALL HAVE THESE SUPER COOL POWERS AND CAN DO ALL THIS STUFF? AND I'M A FUCKING BIRD?

X

By seven, the day was already beginning with each of the kids filing out of their bedrooms and down the stairs for breakfast.

Renjun was acting normal but he couldn't say the same for his roommate. They were the firsts to the table and Jaemin was already fidgeting.

"You want to tell someone, don't you?" Renjun asked with a sigh. Jaemin only nodded. "Tell Jeno about everything during chores and I'll tell Donghyuck."

Jaemin nodded and opened his mouth to ask a question but a voice sounded before his. "Tell Donghyuck what?"

The two boys looked over to the dining room door to see Minju strutting inside, taking her normal seat. She had the same smile on her face as she looked at Jaemin and the same scorn as she looked at Renjun.

"Jaemin? What are we talking about?" She asked sweetly, leaning onto her elbow in a flirting manner.

Jaemin froze. Not because of her flirting tactics but because if he started talking he wouldn't be able to hold himself back from letting the truth slip.

"None of your business," Renjun snarled, already fed up with her for the day. Minju scoffed and sat up straight once again, ready for their breakfast meal.

Laughter was heard outside of the door as the three other girls made their way inside. But the sound of their voices quieted when they felt the tension inside.

Renjun's face softened and Jaemin smiled as they entered, taking their seats. Minju didn't look at them, only standing up and walking over to one of the nurses across the room.

"Something wrong?" Minsoo asked cautiously, looking at Jaemin to her left. Jaemin looked towards Renjun, the three girls also turning their heads to look at him.

"Renjun?" Minsoo called out. The younger boy only looked back at her and sighed. There was something about Minsoo that reminded Renjun a lot of a big sister and whatever it was, it made him take a few steps back.

He looked from Minsoo to Jaemin and then to Eunha, "I need to talk to you in class."

Everyone's eyes widened as they looked between one another. "Sorry?" Eunha coughed out, confused about what he needed from her.