i met a cute stranger, London is not that bad

When Madi first heard she and her family are moving to the UK - more specifically London, she honestly couldn't wait to move out. She has heard so many good things about the magical school there - Hogwarts, and how amazing Diagon Alley is. Now once she's there, Madi is kinda disappointed. Outside the weather is so rainy and cloudy, she doesn't think she will ever get used to it. The big traffic is also one huge problem. She formerly lived in a small city in Texas and she has never seen so many cars at the same time. Her family spent three hours in this traffic jam until they all reached their new house. The house was big, it had three rooms, one for their adoptive parents, one for herself, and one for her brother. Other than that they had a  huge backyard. Madi went into her new room, laid on her be, and started thinking about the fact school is only 4 days, which means she will have to go to Diagon Alley to buy all the required books for her new school year. She couldn't wait to start school and get the chance to meet new people and, hopefully, find friends there. She then went to sleep, exhausted from all the travelling.

The next day

   Madi's whole morning is like a blur to her. She only remembers that she woke up really early, went to take a shower, chose her outfit and then quickly grabbed one banana for breakfast. She was in a hurry because she was so excited to see the very famous Diagon Alley. She went behind the pub Leaky Cauldron, where Diagon Alley was hidden from the Muggles. After tapping on the right bricks the wall formed a large archway and she went through it. The Alley looked stunning. You could feel the magic in the air. There were so many different restaurants and shops, she couldn't even believe this place was real. Luckily there weren't many people, maybe because she went really early and the stores were just opening. Madi reached for her bag and took the list with all the items she needed for this year. She decided to start with the books. She found the bookstore, Flourish and Blotts, and went in. Since the place was so big and had so many different books, she didn't know where to look for them. The young girl with blond hair noticed another girl, she went to ask her for help.

- Um...excuse me? - Madi asked shyly.

- Ughh, what is it? - said the girl, not taking her eyes off from her phone. 

- Can you help me? I don't know where to look for my schoolbooks. 

- Do I look like... - started to say the girl but then she looked at Madi and suddenly she forgot what she was going to say. They both stared at each other for a while until the blonde coughed and said - Y-yeah, I will help you. By the way, my name is Amelia.

- I'm Madi! - said the girl, offering her hand

- Nice to meet you. - said Amelia, accepting her hand. 

- You too! 

   Then Amelia went to show Madi where the books for all the subjects they had were. Sometimes Amelia acted as she forgot where some of the sections were, only to get the chance to spend more time with Madi. The two girls started talking excitedly about quidditch when they learned they both like the same team - Holyhead Harpies. When Madi talked about the latest match she got so excited that she accidentally brushed her hand with Amelia's. They both blushed and looked away from each other. After one hour they were done with buying the books and headed out of the store. 

   They were really enjoying each other's company until Amelia noticed her family in the, slowly starting to gather, crowd. Amelia didn't want her parents to see her with someone because they usually start asking questions about their family, if they are pureblood, like them, and if they were not her father would forbid her to see them again. That's one of the bad things about being part of the Malfoy family. She didn't know if Madi's family is pureblood and honestly she didn't even care, even if they were Muggles, but still, she was scared of how her parents would act, so she said quickly ''I have to go'' without giving much information and then left. Madi was kinda sad that Amelia left without even learning the reason for that, but she had a lot of other things to buy to distract her from overthinking. She tried not to think that Amelia just didn't want to be around her, or found her annoying. She looked like she was having fun but some part of her was still worried. What if she was just acting nice? No, she won't be thinking about that.

  After buying all the stuff for school she went back home, opened the door of her room, and just laid down on her bed, constantly taking her back to all of her moments with Amelia. She then realized she didn't give her her number and now Madi was so ready to hit herself for that. It doesn't matter tho, she knew she would see her in Hogwarts in just 3 days. Now she was even more excited for the first day of school to come. Maybe London is not so bad after all.