1. The deal

✦❘༻ The Deal ༺❘✦

✦❘༻ The Deal ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

When your lips undress me, hooked on your tongue. Love, your kiss is deadly. Don't stop.

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Faina huffs, tosses the box into the freshly dug hole in the ground. A tiny shudder tickles her spine as she looks around.

"What the fuck am I doing?" she whispers. She is nervous enough not to notice that the weather has gotten a bit chilly. And so she pulls her trench coat closer to her body, unconsciously.

Her lower lip starts to bleed a bit as she nervously bites it. Her eyes move around as she glances at the deserted roads.

"Sell your soul to the demon, babe listen to me, god knows how long we are going to live. Might as well live the way we want to."

"Ah fuck, it's too late to turn back now," she whispers to herself again.

"Yes it is."

She jerks her body and turns around. Her heart feels as if she is on a Ferris wheel.

"It's too late now," he says. His cherry plump lips hold a smirk. His grey eyes dart between her lips and her eyes.

"Are you the demon? You look normal" She says, nervously clenching the trench coat as she speaks. He raises his eyebrows and smiles. Definitely Not the typical good boy smile she sees everyday.

"Oh darling," he tilts his head, "I'm much more than that."

The fear is noticeable on her face. She feels like she is going to throw up any moment from now. She tucks the loose strands of hair distracting her behind her ear and tries to speak, wanting to end this as soon as possible.

"I want to make a deal," she says, trying to sound confident.

"Naturally," he jerks his brow as he doesn't stop looking at her with his burning gaze. "What's that you want?"

"I want you to act as my boyfriend," she creases her brows, her jaw clenched tight.

The cherry lipped man throws his head back and laughs. Faina looks at him with a puzzled face. But she anyway waits for him to speak.

"Chérie," he says, in a sweet pink honey voice. "We don't stay around after making a deal, I can't act as your fake boyfriend," he shrugs.

Faina's face falls. Her lips part wanting to say something, may be convince him to say yes? But how?

"Is there an exception? Like any special kind of deal? I really want this," she sounds desperate. He tilts his head and bites his lip, running his eyes up and down her.

"No," he brushes his hair back. "Besides you won't like it anyway," he smiles, Faina shudders at it. There is something about him that keeps constantly bugging the back of her head. Asking her to turn around and run away without looking back.

"What is it?" She asks, choosing her words carefully. She gulps as she waits for his answer.

"Have you ever had sex?" He asks. His grey eyes trained on her. She feels blood rush in her body.

"No," she hugs herself. It keeps getting increasingly chilly.

"Then, we can practice that for ten days. I'm really good at it, you know. You practice with me for ten days and I'll be your fake boyfriend," he says, the smile not fading away on his face.

Faina's eyebrows crease as traces of anger surface on her face. She huffs in anger and barks at him. "How dare you! How dare you ask me such things!"

He rolls his eyes and snaps his fingers. Faina's lips shut and when she tries to move them, it's useless. He locked her lips.

"Listen to me very carefully you pathetic human. I came here to make a deal, I gave you options. Make a deal if you want or get ripped by my favourite boys because no one is walking out without making a deal after summoning the king of hell," he gets on one knee and moves his hand in the air, as if he is grazing it on something. "Right boys?"

She hears a growl followed by a couple of barks. She stumbles back, beads of sweat popping on her forehead. She gulps and looks around with the corner of her eyes. Her breath gets heavy when he feels something cold and eery getting close to her and holds her breath when she feels something solid graze her leg.

"You see, they haven't had human flesh in years and you look juicy," he licks his lips. Faina's chest pounds when the grazing against her legs doesn't stop. She shrieks and jumps when a cold, wet thing swipes against her skin.

"What are they?" She speaks when she realises her lips aren't sealed anymore. He looks dead into her eyes and breaks into laughter when he notices her lips trembling.

"Some answers you better not know. Do you want to make a deal or do you want to get eaten?" He asks, a little impatient now. She grabs the both sides of her head and closes her eyes. She opens them and looks at him. The smirk on his face makes her more angry.

"When we," she looks away and gathers courage to speak. "When we you know, have sex," she curses under her breath. "You will use a condom right?"

He holds back his laugh and looks at her with a subtle pout on his lips. "Not a fan of it but I didn't say anything about penetration," he shrugs. Faina's cheeks grow pink from embarrassment.

"But you said sex?"

"I can see that your knowledge on sex is limited. It's okay, we can work on that. Now," he raises his brows and points at his lips.

"Now what?"

He rolls his eyes and huffs. "Don't you humans do some studying before involving yourself in serious shit? A kiss on the lips. To seal the deal."

"Oh," she looks down and tucks her hair behind her ear. "Oh yeah. Sure," she walks to him and stands opposite to him. She gulps before leaning in and closes her eyes. He massages his temples when she withdraws before kissing.

"You are making me angry," he looks at her with partially red pupils now. She launches forward and slams her lips against his in panic. His lips feel soft against hers. A hint of sweetness on them, probably lip balm? It actually feels good. The kiss doesn't involve tongue but somehow it's warm and hazy. Like a warm sheet on a cold winter day.

She could feel herself losing in it. Is he a demon for sure? Oh right he is. Or is he?

She gasps and stumbles back when he pushes her away. "Hold that in. We have a lot of things to do," he winks.

"That's it?" She asks. He smiles and walks to her. She shudders when he bends down and whispers at her ear.

"See you soon Chérie."

Faina looks around when he just vanishes. She is left with the chilly cold air sending shudders in her body again. She tries to assure herself that it really happened and it's not a dream. A spark of happiness hits her when the realization hits her. She finally has a boyfriend.

Well it's fake but who cares.

Likes and comments are much appreciated and fuel to my writing. If you like my work don't hesitate to support me by donating on my Kofi. Thanks 💕