welcome to hogwarts ig

The long-awaited day has come. Madi couldn't sleep that night, mostly because of thoughts for Amelia... Today is 11th September, aka the day the new school year begins. She is super excited for this day and can't stop rambling on the way to the train station. Harry, her younger brother is not as excited as she is, probably because he already lived in London with his mentor Dumbledore, which meant he is already attending Hogwarts and this year won't be new to him at all. Madi on the other hand couldn't stop shaking.

   Harry and Madi got out of the car and entered the station. They found the very famous Platform 9 3/4 which was the wall between platform 9 and platform 10, made so that muggles cant enter it. She and her brother went through the wall and then they saw Hogwarts Express - the train that will take them to their school

- Okay, Harry. We separate from here - said Madi 

- Oh yeah, I remember! You wanted to ''find your crush before the train leaves so that u can ask her to sit with her, only the two of you''... - said Harry in amusement.

- Wait, how did you.....have you been reading my diary?? - said Madi a little bit panicked. - I told u not to do that!

- Oh please, don't act like you are surprised, I couldn't resist! - said, Harry grinning.

-Ughhh, you are impossible - replied Madi. Then she looked over Harry's shoulder and noticed something...more like someone. She saw Amelia! Madi got so excited she left her brother alone without saying ''Bye''

- Bye to you too, sis!

   Madi was getting closer and closer to where Amelia was. Amelia turned around and her eyes laid on Madi. She looked sad. Like she wanted to say something, or even go to her, but something was stopping her. Then she saw some people who seemed to be her friends and went to give them a quick hug and leave the place they were at. Madi was shocked and hurt. She didn't understand why Amelia was acting like this. She started to search for her but then heard an announcement that the train leaves the station in 5 minutes. She grabbed her luggage and ran to the train.

   When she got on the train she realized every coupe was full and she had nowhere to sit. One girl noticed she had nowhere to go to so she said ''Hey, you can sit here with us'' and pointed at the coupe where two other people were sitting in their uniforms. They were all in Slytherin. ''My name is Nyx btw'' said the same girl who invited her to sit with xir friends. ''This is Toni and that's Noah'' they added. ''Hi'' said their friends in unison. ''What's your name?'' asked Noah. ''I'm Madi, it's really nice to meet you'' Madi said. ''Why were you alone? Don't you have anyone you could sit with?'' asked Toni. ''I...I'm a new student, plus I left my brother to find one person I thought I will be sitting next to but she seemed to not notice me'' said Madi, the sadness in her voice clearly showing. ''Who was it?'' asked Nyx. ''You probably don't know her, Amelia''. The three friends looked at each other surprised ''Wait....Amelia? As in Amelia Malfoy'' wanted to know Toni. ''You know her? Also...she's a Malfoy? Like... the death eaters??'' The people shushed her ''Yes, we are classmates, and please, don't talk about the death eaters that loud, someone could hear you and it definitely won't end well.''' warned her Noah. ''You should better stay away from her, just in case. There are already rumors about her brother being part of the army of the Dark Lord'' continued they. Madi wanted to ask more questions about Amelia but she noticed that the trio didn't like Amelia very much so she just looked at the window, enjoying the view.

After two hours their journey ended and they reached Hogwarts. During these two hours, Madi got the chance to know Nyx, Noah, and Toni more and found out that they have so much in common and they instantly linked. Those two hours felt like a whole year and she was so happy she found such good friends. Madi hoped she will be sorted in Slytherin as well so she could have the chance to spend more time with them. They all went into the Dining Hall where her new friends had to sit on one of the four long dining tables while Madi had to wait with all the first-years in order to be sorted into one of the houses. There were so many people, what if the sorting hat didn't know where to put her? What if she somehow embarrassed herself in front of everyone? After waiting for an hour, it was her turn. The hat said ''Madi Potter'' and now the talks stopped. Everyone was wondering what the hell was happening and who is this other Potter in their school. While going to the hat, Madi tried to not look at Amelia or her friends, she told none of them about her family.

-Hmm, you are a hard one. I can feel you want to prove yourself, you want to be great and Slytherin will help you with that. I say ... SLYTHERIN - announced the hat. Slytherins cheered and welcomed their new member into the table. There was a free spot next to Amelia and as much as she wanted to go to her friends, she couldn't wait anymore and approached the girl. ''Hi, can we talk?'' carefully asked Madi. ''I can't, at least not now, I'm sorry'' and then she left the Dining room, leaving Madi alone. What has gotten into Amelia? What is she hiding?

find out in the next chapter