𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐈

TRAINING

Darla cautiously walked around the ring, her eyes flickered to Tony, who was watching her every move carefully. The blonde tried to swing at the man, but he hit her hand away as if it was nothing.

"Again." He said as he walked around the ring, so he was always opposite her. He watched as she stepped forward to throw a punch at him, so he grabbed her fist.

"Stop." Tony said, "You keep getting distracted. Focus on me." He pointed towards his eyes. "Figure out my next move before I have."

"I am focused." Darla snapped angrily as she watched Pepper walk through the room. She had a few files in her hands, which made Darla curious as to what they were.

Tony swung for the girl, making her quickly duck and use her full strength to grab the mans arm and flip him over her shoulder.

"Told you." She said with a small giddy laugh. Tony nodded and let out a quiet groan as he sat back up.

"Alright kid, you got me there." He shrugged. "But are you ready to get back out there?"

Darla looked up to Tony with parted lips. He was allowing her back out? The blonde had been locked away for basically a year. Tony had used the time to train her how to use her abilities properly without pushing her over the edge.

After everything that happened with Mateo, Darla shut down and became more violent and aggressive. Tony had Darla move into The Avengers Tower with him so he could keep a closer eye on her.

"You think I'm ready?" Darla whispered hesitantly.

"Sure, why not?" Tony shrugged. "We could always use someone like you out there."

Tony had kept Darla off the field for a year. She hadn't seen Steve or any of the others in a year. Which admittedly, made her worse but Tony had assured her that it would be for the best and she trusted him.

"You could see Steve again?" Tony whispered. Darla's smile instantly grew. The idea of seeing the blonde man again brought her a great sense of happiness.

"I can?" She stepped closer to Tony slightly. Her grin was practically ear to ear.

"On one condition." Tony held up his hand.

"Anything." She nodded eagerly.

"You have to listen to me. And I mean really listen to me." Tony looked down at the blonde. "Out there isn't like in here kid, it's more dangerous. More anger fuelled."

Tony knew that when Darla got upset or angry, everything went to shit. She couldn't control herself when she was in a state, which put herself and others in danger.

"We can't have you ending up like Mateo." Tony watched as her face fell. She winced slightly and clutched her head. "We can't have blips like that." He motioned to her now holding her head.

During the past year, they had learnt other coping mechanism for the voices rather than drinking. Tony had figured out that anything with physical stimulation or that calmed her helped the voices stay quiet. He also figured out that the reason that being so close to Steve stopped the voices was because he made her feel safe and happy.

"You didn't have to mention him." Darla snapped throwing her hands up and sending the man flying across the room. Tony let out a groan as he rubbed the back of his head, thankfully he was wearing his suit so it didn't hurt him too much.

"Out bursts like that kid, we can't afford out there." Tony slowly stood back up. "They could get someone killed. You need to learn to control it. Like we practice."

"I'm fine." She snapped and climbed out of the ring. "I'm ready." She states confidently. "Let me see them."

"I don-"

"Don't tell me what's good for me. Don't tell me if you think it's a good idea or not." Darla snapped as Tony pulled out a flask and threw it in her direction. "I don't want a fucking drink." She grabbed the flask and threw it back at him, hitting him in between the eyes.

"What the fuck?" Tony said as he blasted the girl.

Darla placed her hands out in front of her, her own electricity colliding with his blast. Tony's eyes widened, that was new.

The blonde girl grew weak and collapsed to the floor. She panted and used her hands to hold her up.

"Told you I was ready." She whispered weakly as Tony ran over to the girl.

"So ready." Tony muttered sarcastically as he helped the girl to her feet. He sat on her a small stool beside the ring. "You need to rest up before tomorrow."

Darla nodded in agreement. She placed her hand over Tony's and smiled down at him.

"Thank you." She whispered. "I'm grateful that you're helping me through this."

"Anytime, kid." Tony smiled up to her.

"Do you think he'll be happy to see me?" Darla questioned nervously as she spoke about Steve. A year was a long time.

Things change, people change. Feelings change.

"With the amount he talks about you?" Tony chuckled. "I think he'll be over the moon."

Whenever Tony saw Steve the first thing he did was talk about Darla. He always said how he missed her. Tony had to pretend that he missed the girl too, like he didn't have her waiting back home for him.

He knew it would be best to keep her a secret from the others until Darla was ready. He couldn't have them all worried about her when they were on a mission.

"I've missed him." She whispered innocently.

"And he's missed you." Tony reassured the girl. "Now, go and get cleaned up and rest, you need it." Darla nodded and left to head back to her bedroom.