Imagine that

It had been nearly two weeks now since the party and everything was great! Everyone was finally starting to trust and even become friends with Eli. It made me smile to see him getting along with the team. Both of my families were coming together.

It was Sunday night and everyone had gathered in the living room.

"You all would love Asgard! It is far more advanced than Earth! Much more beautiful as well. My father is a little harsh and makes poor decisions but... he is still king and does a good job!" Thor proudly tells us, smiling.

Clint just rolls his eyes. "Well if the rest of them are like Loki I would definitely not want to meet them."

Everyone laughs at them. I remembered watching the news and seeing New York in utter chaos. Of course then I decided to move closer, probably not the smartest idea but still.

Eventually we got to talking about Fury and missions.

"It has been a while since we've had a mission. I'm kind of itching to get out and do something you know?" Nat says looking incredibly bored.

A few nod in agreement.

"What do you guys even do for missions?" Eli questions.

I put my head in my hands and groan. "You had to ask huh?"

Everyone starts talking at the same time either bragging about their achievements or insulting someone else's actions.

"Well usually I take out quite a few agents at a time while capsicle and his little crew take out one or two." Tony brags.

I roll my eyes and laugh. I stand and walk over to the kitchen still listening and threw a bag of popcorn in the microwave. I look back over the group and see Eli looking at me, his eyes pleading for help. I just smile at him, he brought this upon himself. Once the popcorn was done I grabbed it and sat back down on the couch. Somehow, they were still going on and on.  I ate my popcorn, every now and then someone's hand would slither it's way into the bag to steal some.

Once it was gone I tossed it onto the table. "Ok then, i've finished a bag of popcorn, brag time is over sorry folks. That's the rule remember?"

They all sigh and sit back into their chairs. Tony sits up again a few minutes later. "Anyone wanna go out for coffee again tomorrow? Busy Bean?"

I smile yet i'm kind of surprised by the name. I almost forgot about that place.

Almost everyone said yes and of course I nodded as well. Tomorrow was Monday so it would be empty.

It was nearing midnight and one by one everyone started to retreat to their rooms. Tony had finally given Eli his own room so he had some place to hide.

I left the small group that was remaining and went to my room. I got changed and hopped in bed.

My alarm went off at 5 and I rolled out of bed. I changed into a sweatshirt and some shorts and put on headphones. I jogged down the the gym and started some more training. I ran on the treadmill and shot in the shooting range again. (Tony had agreed to put the weapons back a few days ago.) A few of the others also came down for some early morning training but everyone was tired so there was no small talk.

After training I went back to my room and showered. I dried my hair and got changed into  a pair of jeans and a tank top with an open flannel. I smiled and grabbed a baseball cap and sunglasses remembering the disguises from last time.

I met everyone in the kitchen. Half of them looked exhausted and the other half looked like they were itching to leave the tower. I smile and join the group.

Once everyone was ready Steve looked around at everyone and was met by grins. "Caps down, shades up." Everyone does as instructed and the doors to the lobby are opened and the sunlight of New York greeted us. We kept our heads down and tried to stay inconspicuous.

We reached the shop near 8:30 and I led the group inside. I walked over to the booth and everyone sat around the table. We took down our shades and took off our hats. I looked around and smiled at the familiarity of the small cafe.

I had always loved the small homey cafe that was placed in the center of large towers and skyscrapers.

Tony looked over at me. "Ok i'm gonna go order coffee for everyone and watch, this time the barista is gonna freak out and get excited when they realize it's me. Unlike some..."

I laugh and watch as he struts up to the counter. I proceed to watch as the new kid working the register freaked out and dropped his mouth when he recognized Stark. Tony straightens he jacket and fixes his posture. Tony nodded to the kid, swiped his card, and then walked back to the table.

"That right there, is how it's done folks."

I think everyone rolled their eyes at that. A few minutes later the barista calls the name and Nat and I get up to grab the coffees. We come back, hands full and distribute the coffees.

We sit around the table talking and even debating for a while. An hour later the bell on the door rings and another person walks in and goes into the back. I watch the new kid follow her quickly and enthusiastically.

Five minutes later they come practically bursting out of the door from the back. I glance over and the girls eyes widen. i realized who she was and I sunk into my seat, trying to hide my face. Well shit. A few of them noticed and look over to the employees.

Sam looks down at me. "Hey isn't that-"

He's interrupted by the girl coming over to the table. "Y/n? Is that you?!"

I rise from my position and offer an awkward smile. "Hey.. Lindsay.."

She totally fangirls. "Oh my god! Are these the avengers?! I didn't even notice! Ahem.. Y/n introduce me!!"

I straightened my posture. "Ok well guys this is my old friend Lindsay.."

Bucky smirks at me. "Woah Y/n had friends?" I punch him and immediately regret it. I was sitting on his left side.

The conversation unfortunately continues for a minute until Eli catches her eye. "Oh and you are?" she interrogates him.

"Oh i'm uh Eli i'm uh Y/n's-"

"He's my brother" I boast.

Everyone's eyes land on me. Eli just smiles proudly.

"Oh i uh didn't know you had a brother?"

I smile. "Yea there is quite a bit you don't know about me" I chuckle. "Anywho I think we're running late for a uh mission so we should go."

I lead the group away and out of the cafe. We escape into central park where we find a quiet spot. We all sit around the fountain and laugh.

"God that was kind of embarrassing sorry guys" I laugh.

They all wave me off and we continue our conversations in peace.

Hey guys! Sorry I know the last two chapters were kinda boring, they were really just fillers. The next few chapters should be pretty jam packed so I hope you're ready! Anyways thank you guys for reading! I reached 1k reads and that's so exciting!! Love y'all <3