Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up, but it wasn't like a regular morning. Normally I would get up and go downstairs, to greet my mate and friends. But this morning it was different. I hadn't gotten any sleep because I was thinking about who could of sent the note. And because I hadn't gotten any sleep I was tired and cranky which isn't a good combination. It also didn't help the fact that I was scared as hell at the person who sent me the note, and as you know I don't get scared ever. So this was a big thing.

I've read so many books to know not to keep creepy notes you receive to yourself. But being in this position myself, I don't want to share it with anyone else. I have too much pride to lose. And that pride might put me and the pack in danger, so I came up with a solution. Only if the notes get bad will I tell someone about it. Otherwise I will keep it to myself and sort out the problem on my own.

I looked down at a sleeping Damon, he looked adorable whilst he slept. All the creases in his face seemed to flatten out, he looked so peaceful. I mentally 'aww'd at his state. His arm was draped across my waist like it was every morning. I slowly lifted his arm up, and slipped out of the bed. His arm weighed a ton, alone.

I trudged down the stairs in only my pyjamas, and walked into the kitchen. There were a few pack members already in there silently conversing. They all turned and looked my way when I entered, but immediately turned away once they saw the hard glare on my face. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and slumped in the bar stool.

I thought about the note I had received. The person must be someone I know, I mean what could explain them knowing about my past. Know one but me, and my family knows about my mother. So it could either be a stalker or a family member. But why would a family member threaten me unless it was my...

"Hey Libby snap out of it" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at Matt "I've been calling your name for ages"

I gave a nonchalant shrug and continued to stare at the wall in front of me.

"Hey you okay" Matt rested a hand on my shoulder. Was I okay? No I wanted to go and cry in a corner, but I can't. I have to be strong, not just for me but for the pack. Wait, the pack. When did I ever put the pack before anything. I was going soft, just like the note said. This isn't me, I'm supposed to be the most feared rouge in the UK. Yet here I am thinking about crying and putting the pack before anything.

"No, now leave me alone" I shoved his hand off my shoulder and got up off the stool. I walked out of the kitchen and away from the prying eyes. I was pissed not just at Matt but myself. I had to be strong, no more being soft. I walked into the game room and sat on one of the beanbag chairs.

"Hey Libby, Matt said you weren't feeling to good" I looked up to see Emily and Ally, along with their mates, just great.

"Go away" I looked away from them and continued to ignore them. I didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment.

"Come on we're just trying to help" Ally said.

"I don't need your help" I replied rudely, at the moment I didn't give a fudge.

"Listen-" I gritted my teeth.

"No you listen, I don't need your help nor anyone's help for that matter. Look where help has gotten me, nowhere so piss off and mind your own damn business" No one said anything. I was breathing heavily like I had just ran a marathon, I'm pretty sure my face was a burning red.

"Whoa" Matt ran into the room but came to a complete stop when he saw me. I needed to get away from everyone, I needed some time to think. I shifted into my wolf right there, tearing my clothes. I heard a few gasped probably from my wolfs shear size but I ignored them and bolted out the house and into the forest.

I let my wolf take over. I watched the trees blur passed and felt the rush as the wind blew through my thick fur. I loved running in my wolf form it was so stress relieving. I slowed down and came to a stop at what I could only describe as breath taking clearing. There in the clearing was a waterfall, it was stunning. Just above the waterfall was an opening from the trees where the suns beams were shining onto the water. I walked towards the waterfall and lapped up some water. I sighed and laid down resting my head on my paws.

I didn't mean to snap at them, well deep down I didn't. It's just that I can't get to attached to anyone, if I do it was only going to end bad for me. I have to rebuilt the walls I built years ago, to save myself. I can't be the soft Alphas mate anymore.

After a while I decided to go back to the pack house. I stretched and rotated my neck I grinned when I heard a satisfying crunch. I got up of the ground and shook off my fur like a wet dog. And started to trot back to the pack house.

I could just start to make out the pack house so I sped up. I found some clothes so I shifted behind a tree and got dressed. I'm not going into the pack house naked that's for sure.

I ran up the steps and through the open door, they always leave the door open in the day. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and took a bite.

"Where the hell were you!" I looked up and was met with a furious Alpha, great. Note the sarcasm.

"I went for a run" I stated before taking another bite from the apple.

"Well you should of at least told me where you were, do you have any idea how worried I was!" He shouted, he was shaking slightly trying to fight off his wolf.

"I don't have to tell you anything your not in charge of me" I raised my voice slightly, that only angered him more as his eyes started to turn black.

"I am your mate you do not disrespect me, you are mine!" That angered me.

"I am no ones, I'm not some sort of object you can own. I am my own person and you will not tell me what to do!" I was shaking violently as well as him. My wolf was lost she didn't know whether to growl at the disrespect or go to my mate in open arms. Luckily I made the decision for her.

"I am your Alpha and you will respect me!" That made me snap, I shifted into my wolf and lunged, not caring if he was my mate or Alpha. All I saw was red as I lunged and snapped at him.

Shortly after my shift he shifted, I snapped at his paws drawing blood. I jumped onto his back digging my claws into him. He shook me off and I growled which he returned. I continued to snap at him, before I was pulled way from him by Paul. I growled and tried to bite his hand but he grabbed hold of my neck. I watched as Matt tried to talk to Damon, I watched as he shifted back to his human and I immediately looked away. I continued to growl as Paul dragged me to the other side of the room. He dropped me there and stood in the way, making sure I couldn't attack Damon. I growled at him and he growled back, I felt all the anger disappear and was replaced with exhaustion, I collapsed to the floor.

"Here" Paul tossed me some clothes so I could shift back. He turned away and I shifted back, changing into the clothes he gave me.

"I'm done" He turned back around and faced me, I slid down on the floor and put my head in my hands. Paul sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"I just got so pissed and I don't even know why" He stroked my hair.

"It's okay don't worry I'm sure Damon understands. Your probably just stressed because your not used to all the pack business" I just nodded not commenting on it, I knew that wasn't the case.

"I'm going to go up to my room to cool off" He nodded at me and I stood up leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs to my room. I opened up the door and walked over to the bed but another piece of paper caught my eye.

Poor Alpha having to feel the Luna's wrath. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.
- S
---------------------------------------
I already updated the chapter but I don't know if it saved. But this is the last time updating this chapter, I think this one is the best.

Next chapter Sunday!

-Liv