𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐈𝐈𝐈

OUTBURST

Darla watched over Clint as Steve tended to his wounds. Her eyes flickered over to Bruce who had his headphones on.

"What's wrong?" Darla whispered to Tony, who was currently driving the jet. He let out a long heavy sigh. "You can talk to me." She smiled going to place her hands over his but hesitating, before deciding not too.

"The girl made me see something." He admitted. "Something that terrifies me."

"Thor, report on the Hulk." Natasha ordered.

Darla furrowed her brows, wondering what the girl had made Tony see that could have put him about that much.

"The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims." Thor said as both his hands rested on his hips. "But not the screams of dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams." Thor panicked as he watched Bruce placed his head in his hands and let out a groan. "Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and gout."

"Hey, Banner, Dr Cho is on her way in from Seoul. Is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony questioned.

"Uh, yes, she knows her way around." Bruce nodded.

"Thanks, tell her to prep everything. Barton's gonna need the full treatment." Tony whispered to Jarvis.

"Very good sir." Jarvis responded.

"Jarvis, take the wheel." Tony ordered before turning around and facing the others. "Feels good yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but-"

"No, but this, this brings it to a close." Thor sadly smiled.

"What?" Darla snapped turning to face Tony. "You said that I-"

"What do you mean, he said?" Natasha questioned her friend with furrowed brows. Darla's eyes widened as she realised she slipped up. "Darla."

"We're you with him this whole time?" Steve questioned.

"Yes but," Darla looked at the ground guiltily. "I can't explain I-Um-"

"Doesn't matter why she was with me. She just was with me." Tony stepped in, noticing the girls hesitation to tell them the real reason. "But now she's back with us."

"So this is the end of the road." Thor stated as he placed his hand on Tony's shoulder.

"As soon as we find out what this has been used for." Steve cut in. His eyes flickering to Darla as she avoided eye contact with them all and remained beside Tony. "I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?"

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it does to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony ordered before turning to Thor and making sure that it was okay. "Just a few days till the farewell and welcome back party. You're staying right?" Tony smiled down at Darla, he had promised the girl last year that once she reunited with the group he would throw her a party.

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honoured with revels and Darla should be welcomed back properly." Thor smiled and went to place his hand on her arm, but she jumped back.

It was something that didn't go unnoticed by anyone. Tony tried to steady the girl and received another shock.

"Son of a bitch." He uttered, shaking his hand as if that would take the pain away. He shook his head and decided to dismiss the event. "Yeah, who doesn't love revels? Captain?"

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chutauri and Hydra." Steve paused. "So yes, revels."

The jet landed back at the Avengers Tower and Clint was instantly wheeled inside.

"Labs all set up boss." Hill said as she walked onto the jet.

"Oh actually, he's the boss." Tony said motioning towards Steve, who was mainly focused on Darla.

She hadn't changed at all. Her hair still flowed just below her shoulders, her green eyes still sparkled and her smile was still contagious.

"I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve questioned finally pulling his gaze away from Darla.

"NATO's got him." Hill explained, flashing a smile towards Darla, who she hadn't seen in a year. "It good to have you back, Darla."

"The two enhanced?" Steve continued to question as he walked with Hill.

"Three." Hill corrected. "The first two are Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. The last one is still unknown." Hill explained as she and Steve left the jet.

"He missed me, you said." Darla span on her heel to look at the man. "He'll be happy to see me, you said."

"Darla, you're getting worked up." Tony warned the girl, hoping that if she knew in advance, she'd calm down.

"You're a liar." She spat. "I bet he didn't even ask about me. I bet none of them did." The voices were coming back and they were louder than ever.

"No, no, Darla." Tony stepped closer to the girl and placed his hand on her shoulder, only for him to be shocked with such force that it made him fall to his knees. "Oh, that one's new."

"You lied." Darla snapped. "You lied to me." Her bottom lip quivered. Her knee's buckled beneath her and she fell to the floor with a sob. "I trusted you. I believed you." She sniffed. "I left my family. I left them all. I left Steve."

"I didn't lie. They did miss you." Tony knelt down beside her, hesitating slightly. When she was like this she was unpredictable.

"Then where are they? Why is it just me and you again? Why didn't- He just walked away." She ran her hands through her hair and tugged slightly.

"Darla, I don't know what you're doing, but you need to calm down." Tony said once the familiar aura glowed around her body. "Can someone tell Cap to come back?"

"No." Darla shouted, making the lights flickered. "I don't want to hurt him." But it was too late, Steve had noticed the distraught girl and instantly ran up to her.

"Hey baby, it's okay I'm here." He whispered soothingly as he went to place his hand on her but she threw her arms up, throwing him and Tony back. "Tony, what the hell did you do to her?"