Chapter 48: New York pt.2

"You might want to put that time stone in you back pocket, Doc!" Stark pointed at the sorcerer as we walked down the walkway along the street.

"We might want to use it." Strange started casting a spell.

I watched many Midgardians running for cover, screaming and crying. Sad really...

Dirt and garbage flew through the air.

I felt a sharp pain I my eye. I started to blink rapidly and rubbed it. I think some dirt got in my eye.

I felt my heart drop at the sight in front of me. He's already here... no. He wouldn't come here himself.

It's the Black Order, or at least some of them.

The large circular ship spun in the sky, nearly touching the buildings underneath it.

Strange used the spell he had casted and a wave of gold was sent through the sky, putting a halt to the spinning ship and flying debris.

He exchanged looks with both me and Stark, winking smugly.

I rolled my eyes at the show off. 

And they call me dramatic.

A blue beam of light came from the ship and onto the ground before us. Appeared two members of the Black Order. Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian.

I glanced over to Stange, making eye contact with him. I lifted my hands showing him the cuffs he had placed on me.

I shook them and raised a suggesting eyebrow.

He squinted his eyes at me, not trusting me enough to take them off.

"Look, these people are dangerous and powerful. They are the ones who killed half my people and possible my brother and girlfriend. I'm here to help. I hate Thanos just as much as the next guy." I explained quickly as I glanced at the two children of Thanos.

Strange looked at me skeptically.

I grumbled in annoyance as he did not remove them.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing—." Ebony's speech was cut off by the billionaire.

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today!" I smiled to myself, finding it amusing the human having the courage to do that. "You better pack it up and get out of here."

Now I see the resemblance of the two. Tony and Hope.

"Stonekeeper." Ebony Maw called to Strange. "Does this chattering animal speak for you?"

"Certainly not. I speak for myself." Strange casted a quick protecting spell, making two shields appear. "You're trespassing in this city and on this planet!"

I smirked when I noticed my cuffs disappear and fall like dust to the ground.

Wong casted the same spell as Strange.

"That means get lost Squidward!" Stark remarked loudly at the two invaders. I assume that's an insult by the way he used that word.

"Loki Odinson." I gulped at the call from Thanos's most favourable child. I lifted my head and stared at the man.

He tilted his head slightly with a small smirk. "You are still alive I see..."

"It would appear so." I widened my arms and gestured to myself with a small playful smirk.

"I'm afraid your soulmate did not meet the same fate as you." I felt my stomach drop. "She had paid for your failure years ago."

My smirk falling as well as my arms.