39"

He seemed tired

He seemed tired

Worn

ill

Hollow

Weak

She hated him looking like that.

Rosaleé frowned as she watched Remus occasionally wince in pain, completely ignoring Professor Sprout.

Remus always listened.

That's one of the things Rosa loved about him. He cared and he listened.And mostly importantly he loved. Rosaleé could never seem to wrap her head around how a person could carry such kindness with such ease. And to see him clearly in pain and suffering broke her a little bit. She wanted to reach out and offer him comfort, but he'd never accept it. He'd wave her off and insist it was a just a passing cold. She'd ask where he disappeared off to, only to get a vague response.

She just wanted to help him.
But he wouldn't let her. He'd keep her at arms length. Not letting her get any closer.

Their last period, herbology, had finished and James and Sirius had to practically carry him back to the common room.

The girls had dragged Rosaleé off for a chat sensing she seemed uneasy. For a while it worked as they chattered in front of the fire on the squishy sofa but soon they all headed up to bed.
James, Sirius and Peter were all huddled in a corner taking about 'secret Maruders business' and Rosaleé could only assume Remus was in their dorm.

Throwing the blanket off her legs she trudged up into the boys dormitories on a mission.

She pushed the door open to find Remus laying on his bed. Silent. The curtains drawn while he stared at the ceiling in pain.
Rosaleé bit the inside of her cheek as she walked over to his bed and quietly climbed in next to him, also staring up to the ceiling.
She took his hand that was laying next to hers and intertwined their pinkys.

"I'm sorry if I've done something to make you not trust me" she whispered, not wanting to worsen his headache, still watching the ceiling.

"I trust you"

"Do you?"

"Yes"

"Then tell me"

"I can't"

Rosaleé unlatched their pinkys and instead took his entire hand. "That's okay. You don't have to"

"You don't have to be this nice to me. I don't deserve it"

Rosaleé turned on her side to face Remus who wouldn't tear his gaze away from the sky.
"I've not known you long, but I know you deserve the world"

"You don't know me really Rosie"

"Well let me know you then. I don't think anything could change my perception of you"

"You'd be surprised"

"No Remus. Nothing could change my perception of you. Won't you understand that?"

Remus turned on his side to face Rosaleé who was already looking at him. Their faces barely an inch apart. His eyes were laced with pain and sadness. But Remus would always be Remus. They still held his usual warmth and kindness.

Remus remind her of a hot mug of tea on a snowy day.

Remus reminded her of worn vinyls that still played beautiful melodies.

Remus reminded her of the first warm day after a harsh winter.

That was just the kind of person he was.

Special.

One of a kind.

His warm hand placed itself on the side of Rosaleés face. Her soft skin clashing with his rough scarred hands. He traced the freckles on her cheekbones, over her nose and across her lips.

"I'm horrible for you. You know that?"

"You're what's best for me. You know that?"

Slowly, cautiously he leant in just a little closer. Rosaleés eyes fluttered closed as a warmth spread over her lips.

His kiss was slow and lingering. He barely grazed her lips.

It was so quiet but held so much volume.

He was quiet and she held volume.

It was a strange pairing, a Polar Attraction, but it worked.

It worked for them and that was all they needed.

———————————————————————————
A/N

IM CRYING

I felt like I had to make up for the last chapter.