19

"Shit, George! We have to go home!" Esbeth shouted as George sat in the back seat of the car, practically asleep, tired from... multiple activities.

"Oh, yea...just a minute." He said as he caught his breath, and put on his clothes, in a tired huff.

Somehow, Esbeth wasn't nearly as tired as George, so she offered to drive them home, and the whole way home, her hand was on his thigh as he snored, which genuinely annoyed her, but she didn't mind at that point, he was so tired, and she just let him sleep.

Eventually, they reached the burrow, and the lights inside were off, the whole house dormant.

"What time is it?" George asked as he was awoken by a moo from one of the cows.

"About..9:00 why?" She said, knowing that the family was usually in bed by this time.

"I wanna go to bed.." he said, turning back over in the car, his whole body scrunched into one spot.

"You big baby, come on help me bring the groceries in." Esbeth said as she tugged at his collar and handed him only one of the 3 bags.

"Fine." He said in a bratty voice as he got out, and shuffled his way to the house.

As they entered, Esbeth turned on the light, and turned into the kitchen where she put things in the cupboard and ice cabinet.

"Can we go to bed?" George said, behind her, as he hugged her back, and pressed his chin into her shoulder.

"No, you'll wake up at 5:00." She said, knowing that if he went to bed early, he'd be the first up, and that he would wake up Esbeth.

"Okay.." he said reluctantly knowing that she was right.

"We can start another fire and play scrabble or life, or something? Go pick out a game." She said, as she threw the plastic bags in the trash, and walked over to the fireplace, where she pulled her wand out, chanting an ignition spell, then sitting at floor near the living room coffee table, waiting for George's pick on his game.

He came over to the table holding a colorful, yet falling apart box.

"Candy land?" Esbeth asked, suprised that he would pick that.

"It's so fun! Why does it come off as a little kids game?" He said extremely passionately.

"I love candy land Ron just hates it!" Esbeth said, growing passionate about the board game.

George held his hand up, and Esbeth high-fived him, seeing as they were both so passionate about that.

They giggled, and chose their characters, then started the game.

The first round was won by Esbeth, then George demanded a best two out of three game, and when Esbeth won again he demanded 3 of 5.

"Ok, I got three! We're done!" Esbeth shouted as she snatched his piece from him.

"No! I'm too energetic!" He said, taking the piece back.

"I've created a monster." Esbeth said as she palmed her face, already tired.

It was very close, but George finally won a round.

"Ok two more, best 4 out of seven."

"No! Bed! Now!" Esbeth said, annoyed as she pulled george up, in the process knocking over the game.

"Fine! But, I'm staying up in bed, I will be awake!" He demanded, as Esbeth dragged him up the stairs with insane force.

"I don't care, I just want to be in a bed that you're in." Esbeth said, as she shushed George, getting closer to the sleeping rooms.

"I bet you would!" George whispered in her ear, before biting her, and pushing her into the room.

She took off her clothes, and grabbed some from George's drawer, then layed in George's bed.

George made an effort to be quiet, seeing as Fred was asleep across the room, snoring loudly.

George tip Toed over, laying in esbeth's arms, his head buried in her chest.

Esbeth was about to fall asleep, already very tired, when she heard a noise across the room.

"George!" She whispered, as she shook his shoulders.

"What?" He said, realizing how tired he was.

She leaned down to his ear, to make sure she stayed quiet.

"Fred. Just. FARTED." She said with a hushed chuckle, before George immediately bursted into a fit of laughter, which woke Fred up.

"What?!" Fred said as he shot up, his pillow bouncing in the air.

"Nothing!" Georg shouted as he buried his face back into esbeth.

Fred huffed, annoyed and George amd Esbeth continued laughing, as silently as possible until the moment had passed, and they fell asleep.

-

Esbeth awoke, George Fast asleep with his head in her chest to a pecking feeling on her fingers, and a chill up her spine. She slowly opened her eyes, and saw the same owl from the manor, and the window open, just enough for the little fluffy owl to come in.

"You again?" She said, as she pulled the letter from its beak, and caressed its head.

"You don't have a name do you darling?" She whispered At the owl, as she pet its fluffy black head, ignoring the letter. "Ayla. There we are." She said, naming the owl after her...mother?

The owl started vigorously pecking at her fingers, causing small red dots of blood to appear, and Esbeth took the hint to read the letter.

As she opened the letter, she continued petting the owl.

Dear Esbeth,

How are you? To be completely honest, I miss you Esbeth. It was lovely to finally see you, and not just a photo of you that you sent with a letter. No one knows where you are, and the subject has mostly been dropped.

Love, Narcissa.

Esbeth felt a flutter of happiness in her heart, and let the owl out, then closed the window.

She looked down at George, and felt somber thinking about how he could still love her. She was everything he wasn't.

She was cunning, he didn't care how big the prize, he never stepped on others to get to the top.

She was a death eater, and she was astounded that she could even be loved, a little.