•42•

First day back to classes.. and the day I turn in my article to Professor DeSanto for review. I put my heart and soul into that article, I just hope he likes it.
I let Tom post a photo of us together on New Year's Eve, and now people won't stop staring at me as I walk through the halls. I don't even think it's because he's semi famous, I think it's more so because he has never been in a relationship before and it's a huge shock to everyone.
"I hate this." I say to Haz.
"It'll pass. The guys are shocked and the girls are jealous. They'll get over it." He assures me.
I glance down to the article I have printed in my hand, and Haz grabs it, holding it up for me to see as we stop outside of the class.
"He's going to love it, Eliana. This is really good, even better than mine was." He says.
"Okay.." I sigh.
"And what are you today?" He asks and I roll my eyes.
"I'm not saying it Haz!" I laugh.
"Eliana! I am not leaving until you say it!" He exclaims.
"Give me my paper!" I reach for my papers in his hand but he holds them away, giving me a stern look. Jeez he's my best friend but he annoys me sometimes.
"Fine! I'm a bad bitch! Happy?" I say.
"Yeah you are! Go get your cosmo article." He smiles proudly and gives me my papers, allowing me to go to class.
I walk up to Professor DeSantos desk, and hand the papers to him.
"Harrison has been texting me raving about this for days." He says. "I'm excited to read it."
"Texting?" I ask.
"Gave him my number last year for an assignment, worst mistake of my life." He laughs.
"Well I put a lot into this so I'm excited for you to read it too."
I walk up to my seat, and April turns to me excitedly.
"She's not cheating on me!" She says.
"I know, you're crazy to think she would be." I laugh.
"I'm in a perfect relationship, you're in a perfect relationship, I think we should find Haz his perfect girl." She suggests.
I really don't know why Haz isn't in a relationship. He doesn't sleep around, he doesn't flirt with every girl he sees, he's just an all around sweet and lovable boy. I'm surprised he hasn't been snatched up by now.
"There's this girl, her names Magnolia Jensen. He had a huge crush on her when we were younger and she just transferred here. I was thinking I should invite her to get lunch with all of us or something." She says.
"We could all go get ice cream on the boardwalk tonight?" I suggest.
"Perfect! I'll set it up!"
___
I wait outside of Toms class for him, and as I stand against the wall I see Meghan walk by, she eyes me up and down with a glare, but continues walking without a word. Maybe she's finally done trying to get between Tom and I.
Everyone starts piling out the door, and I see Tom and a few other guys walk out.
"Hey bub!" I say happily, grabbing his hand.
"Oh! Hey Eliana." He says plainly and I frown. What happened to him calling me princess?
"So we're all going to the boardwalk to get ice cream. It's kind of a set up for Haz so.. you comin?" I ask.
"Umm well, why don't you head to the car and I'll catch up with you." He hands me his keys.
"Okay.." I mutter, taking his keys and walking off.
What was that about? Why is he acting like this?
I walk out the doors and towards his car. I don't know why he's being weird but it very well could just be yet another mood swing or something.
I wait in the car, and about ten minuets later I see Tom walking towards me. He gets inside, and leans over to kiss me but I pull away. His brows knit together in confusion, and I avoid his eyes.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Are you embarrassed of me?" I ask.
His face falls, and he grabs my face to make me look into his eyes.
"Not at all my love, why would you think that?" He asks.
"You called me Eliana and told me to go away." I frown.
"I called you by your name?" He giggles. "Alright, I will never call you Eliana again in front of my friends."
Okay.. maybe I really overthought that whole situation.
"And as for telling you to go to the car, one of my friends called you hot when you first came around and I didn't want him checking you out." He explains.
Okay. Yeah. I definitely overreacted. That all makes sense, and I should know Tom isnt embarrassed of me, he loves showing me off.
"So, ice cream and a diabolical plan?" He asks.
"April and I decided it's time Haz gets a girl so we're setting him up."
"He's not going to like that." He warns, but oh well. It's worth a shot.
We drive to the ice cream shop, and I grab one of Toms hoodies from the back seat since it's a bit cold out. I love wearing his hoodies, they're cozy and they smell like him.
We walk into the shop, and see all our friends sitting around a table, along with a gorgeous blonde girl with a big smile and bright eyes. She looks over, and Toms face forms a big grin.
"Magnolia?" He questions and she jumps up.
"Tommy!" She says excitedly.
Did she just call him Tommy? That's my thing..
she slams into him with a tight hug, and Tom lets my hand go to hug her back. I didn't know they were this close.. she's supposed to be all over Haz, not Tom.
She pulls Tom off to the table, not even glancing at me. Wow. I already hate her. Couldn't even be bothered to introduce herself? She sits him down between her and Haz, and I take the empty seat on the other side of Haz. April looks over to me, and points to her phone, indicating that we're going to text.
April: they haven't seen each other in years, she will back off in a minute.
Eliana: she acted like she didn't even see me.
I send the text and lock my phone.
Time passes, and the entire time we're here Tom and magnolia keep conversation. I swear she's barely muttered a word to anyone else, and what bothers me even more is that Tom has done the same. He hasn't even glanced at me in the past thirty minutes, he's practically mesmerized by her.. unable to look away. I get why, she's a pretty blonde girl which has always been his type. I'm not an insecure person but Magnolia? She definitely makes me feel insecure.
"I know it's been like.. four years but it feels not a day has passed since I last saw you." She says, her hand resting on his arm.
I look to him, and he does nothing. He just lets it sit there. Really? Now would be a great time to push her hand off and introduce me.
"Hey maybe don't touch my boyfriend." I blurt out, making everyone's eyes dart to me.
"I'm sorry what?" Magnolia laughs, looking to me for the first time this evening.
"Really Eliana?.." Tom mutters and my eyes widen.
He can't be serious.
"Haz do you mind letting me take your car? I'm sure you can get a ride home with Tom." I say.
"Yeah, sure.." he says quietly, handing me his keys.
"Seriously?" Tom scoffs and I stand to my feet, and walk out of the shop.
I can handle girls gawking over him, I can handle girls flirting with him, what I can't handle is him doing nothing about it and then getting irritated when I do.
I see Tom walking out behind me, and I get in Haz's car, ready to drive away but Tom stops me by opening the door.
"What is going on with you?! You're acting crazy." He states.
"Wow.. I'm acting crazy? Thanks. Definitely needed my boyfriend to say I'm crazy for putting a girl in her place who's obviously into you." I shake my head.
"She's not into me Eliana!" He exclaims.
"I'm going home Tom, have fun with your blonde. I know you like them better anyways."
I slam the door shut, and quickly drive away.