Meetings

"What did you tell me about Barty Crouch's son?"I asked Sirius, rushing into the kitchen. "Is he still in Azkaban? "

"Is this your boss's topic again? I'm starting to think that you and Percy Weasley will set up a fan club. " My uncle answered me, smiling.

"It's important, Sirius. Please. "

"All right, all right," he agreed, a little startled, probably by my worried look. "I was already in Azkaban when Barty Crouch Jr. was brought. He was screaming inside his cell for his mother for the first few days but then quieted down. Everyone is like that, then the dementors drink everything from you." and he shivered, which made me a little sorry that I brought him back to his memories of prison. "Barty already looked in poor health when he was brought in. A year later, his father and mother seemed to come to visit him because she was very ill. Farewell, I think. Few days after their visit, Barty Crouch Jr. died. I saw it when they took it out. "

"Are you sure?"

"Deadly sure."

I felt a lump in my throat, my heart pounding in my chest. I began to walk around the room nervously, thinking about what I had learned. How was that possible? Why did my boss say the opposite in his letter? Was he mad? Or did he suddenly feel guilty about his son's death? Well, was it true that Voldemort was rising? All the weird things that happened - the World Cup, Harry's inclusion in the Tournament, the pain in his scar, the appointment of a former auror as a teacher at Hogwarts...

"What's going on, darling?" Remus asked anxiously. "Will you tell us what are those thoughts of Barty Crouch again?"

"You're close to Dumbledore, aren't you? Will you ask him to meet me? I need to talk to him. "

"With Dumbledore? Ash, what's going on? Tell me, something is bothering you. "

"Write to Dumbledore," I said more sharply than I wanted. "You can help me with that."

"And you won't tell me why? I can't just write to him that you want to meet him without good reason. He doesn't even know you. Also, you know he's a pretty busy man. Especially now and during the Tournament. " His tone hardened a little. "I'm going to need a good reason, not childish whims."

I took a deep breath, then hissed angrily "Childish whims? Is that why you think I'm begging you? Whims? "

"You won't tell me, will you?" His voice was cold.

"No ... Look, I can't. I just can not. "

"Ash, Remus is right. You should say to us and why it's all this shit. " Sirius intervened.

I felt helpless. I couldn't tell them. Something was eating me inside. How stupid was I? How could I give so recklessly an Unbreakable Vow? Anger curled hot and unstoppable in my gut, like a blazing inferno that wanted to burn me from the inside out. I clenched my fists so hard that my nails cut into my skin. I didn't know what's happening to me. All I felt was this furious feeling inside. Remus and Sirius didn't want to help me.

"Fine. Obviously, I can't count on you. I will find another way. " My pulse sped up, breathless with anger, I walked out and slammed the kitchen's door.

I went to my room, my fingernails still in my hands. Tears started to run through my face. What was happening to me? Where does this anger come from? Why I was so emotional? I had to calm down. I had to gather my thoughts and figure out what I was going to do. I had taken the Unbreakable Vow. I couldn't tell anyone. I had to figure out a way to talk to Dumbledore myself.

Remus didn't come to me tonight. He must have been angry. Understandable. It was normal for them to ask for an answer, but how could I tell them anything without breaking my promise. I didn't know why I reacted like that. They were my closest person in the world.