The Woes

For the next few days, I tried to avoid the eyes of the others in the house, hoping that the things between me and Remus had remained unheard that night. Although I caught Bill looking at me with a telltale smile a few times, Molly was more judgmental than usual, and Sirius avoided communicating with me at all. It was much easier for Remus, as he did not visit the quarter so often, and the male sexual exploits were viewed differently.

Harry's meeting was over, and almost everyone in the house was in a good mood, and I thought they had forgotten that night. I was just coming down the stairs from the library when Remus was waiting for me on the stairs with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a gray shirt and rolled up his sleeves over his elbows. A playful flame shone in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, trying to decipher his expression. He didn't answer, just raised his eyebrows and nodded at the room across from him. I looked at it questioningly, it was the door of a closet that almost no one entered. "I don't understand."

"Come," and he took my hand and led me inside, closing the door behind him. I still didn't understand anything.

He came to me and grabbed my waist gently but firmly enough to keep me close to him. His mouth moved around my jaw, and I realized that he knew exactly where I liked to be kissed.

"Not here" I tried to fight him for a few moments.

"Why not? Nobody comes in here; we will be quiet. "he hummed along my neck. Remus pressed me up against an old desk. With a swipe of his arm, everything was off the table as he placed me on top of it. He gathered my skirt above my hips and slid aside my knickers. With a wicked gleam in his eye, he spread my legs and knelt between them. His tongue trailed fire along the inside of the thigh. I waited breathlessly when suddenly the door opened and Molly stood in the doorway with a shocked expression. She quickly gathered herself, closed the door, shouting:

"If you can't silence your room, at least lock your doors! "

I quickly pushed Remus away from me and punched him in the chest.

"Stop, stop, that's the end. I will not have more sex in this house even if you beg me. "I told him angrily. "I just started to look them in the eyes without blushing and for what... "

"Don't worry, Molly and Arthur and their seven children shouldn't talk about decency," he smiled, though he was obviously embarrassed to be caught in this kind of situation.

"It's easy for you, I'm here more often. And it's easier for men. Sirius rolls his eyes every time I speak to him. Molly looks at me condemningly. " I groaned.

"Come and live with me," he told me in one breath, stopping me from pressing the doorknob. I turned to him in astonishment.

"Are you serious? "

"Absolutely. I have thought about it for a while. My house, as you know, is not very big, but at least we can be alone. "He smiled, scratching the back of his head.

"I don't know," I hesitated for a moment, "I really want to, but I can't leave Sirius here. You know lately that he's gotten more irritable than usual. Ever since Dumbledore forbade him to go out. He even seems a little disappointed that Harry is not expelled. I know it sounds awful, but I think he hoped he'd live here too.

"Dumbledore forbade him for his own safety. But yes, you're right, this is not the time for such a step. " he sighed, but visibly disappointed.

"I really want to move in with you," I tried to persuade him. "But I need to talk to Sirius."

Remus nodded in agreement, making my stomach drop.

***

Over the next few days, I confirmed my doubt that Sirius did not seem wholly overjoyed that Harry would be returning to Hogwarts. He had put up a very good show of happiness on first hearing the news, wringing Harry's hand and beaming just like the rest of them; soon, however, he was moodier and surlier than before, talking less to everybody, even Harry and me, and spending increasing amounts of time shut up in his mother's room with Buckbeak.