Short~LL Cool J• Joy Ride

"Good job baby! You got us home!" Todd clapped taking the key out of the ignition.

His 7 year old daughter was asking him questions throughout their trip back home from school pick-up. He decided since his youngest was asleep and couldn't tell, why not let her drive the last few minutes of the ride, with his assistance of course.

"I did it, daddy!" She cheesed with her missing tooth. He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Remember, this is our secret! Don't tell ya motha I let you drive home. Don't tell nobody."

"Too late." She said and pointed to her mother standing on the bottom step. She had just finished walking the family dog, Sandy, but stopped to welcome her family.

"Shit." He said under his breath.

"That's a dollar!" His daughter said waking up her brother.

"London, now is not a good time. Mommy is gonna beat daddy up."he ran a hand down his face as London crawled from his lap into the passenger seat.

"Don't worry daddy. You save me and Trent from beatings so we will protect you. Right T?" her brother stretched and nodded.

"Daddy, I learned a new wrestling move!" His son yelled. He knew he was excited to show him.

"Mommy can't be that mad right?"he asked and heard nothing in response.

"Y'all want ice-cream?" They yelled and he unlocked the doors.

"Go talk to ya mother first and put your stuff away." They did what they were told and he locked the door as Y/n walked towards his truck. She knocked and he cracked the window.

"Now, Y/n, before you start yelling I just wanted to-"

"Have you lost your mind Todd?! What made you think it was ok to let London drive? The street is busy! Anything could have happened."

"But it didn't! I let her help me steer and we went below the speed limit! I swear two grandma's passed us in their wheelchairs!" He tried cracking a joke. He rolled the window down more when she cracked a smirk.

"I would never put our babies lives in jeopardy. But Lo' was so excited and eager to drive! She was asking me questions back to back so I let her drive us around the corner." He reasoned

"Did I tell you, you look beautiful today?"he asked making her shake her head.

He unlocked the door and stepped out. Todd gave you a smile and opened his arms, that you walked into.

"I'm sorry, ma. You know I don't like when your mad at me." He gave you a kiss.

"However will you forgive me?" He exaggerated as usual.

"So dramatic. I'm not that mad. I just wish you would've talked to me about it before letting her hop behind the damn wheel."

"I won't ever do it again. Scouts honor, word is bond." He held up is left hand.

"You're supposed to put up the right hand, Todd." He shrugged making you laugh.

"You knew what I meant." He shook his head.

"Come get in this house. I need to get the rolls out of the oven before they burn." You pulled him with you.

"Only if I can put a lil butter on yours tonight." His hand ran down your thick exposed thigh maki making you blush.

"The faster we put the kids to sleep the more time we have to play." You winked as he started jogging into the house.

"Where are you going?"

"To find those gummies for the kids." He yelled.

"I love gummies, daddy!" Trent yelled running behind his father up the stairs.