Chapter 1

Another night,  he's out late . I glance up at the clock to see what time it is .

1 : 14 am .

Not really the latest he's come , but it's still very late . I know exactly what he does when he's  not at home at night .

He's cheating,  and I dont even know what or how to react to it .

Yes we are both successful , so I can understand that women practically throw themselves at his feet , but I just feel that he should at least respect that we're married .

I hear tires screeching against our brick floors outside and then only a few seconds apart , his door loudly slamming .

His heavy footsteps get closer and closer to the door . I glance backwards at the well prepared dinner table and the two plates waiting for us- which I had prepared five hours ago .

A heavy sigh escapes my lips . He walks in , his hair is a mess , clothes ruffled and lips full .

" Hey honey. " I say , he looks genuinely surprised .

I mean who wouldn't.  I dont usually wait up for him . Well not that he knows of .

" Cassiey , you're awake ?" he breathes .

"Yeah , I was waiting up for you so we can have dinner together ." I say in return .

"Not hungry." he simply mutters .

When he passes by me behind the couch , you can practically smell the cheap perfume radiating off him .

"Jason it's our anniversary. " I whine .

He turns and looks confused . He scrunches up his face and looks up .

"March 13nth . " I say and he raises his shoulders into a shrug . Then walks up the stairs .

I sigh . Remind me again why I'm still with him .

I write down the time he's arrived at today . Then I head upstairs to the laundry .

Just as expected  his clothes are right there , he says that it save time , rather than going to the room to get dirty clothes and bringing them into the laundry,  its better to undress in the laundry .

I pick up his dress shirt and begin sniffing it . I've memorized almost all the perfumes of his mistresses and this one is very new to my nostrils.

We're no longer going to have sex . What if he has STDs from all these women . No ...

Without a second thought , I strip my clothing off and then slip into a big shirt and head to our room .

He's just lying there on the bed asleep.  While I'm fighting with myself in my head whether I should condone this cow dung or not .

You know what , I'll give him about five months for him to come clean . If not then I'm going to do something very stupid .

Yes great idea , my mind chimes .

And with that I fall asleep .

BEEP ... BEEP ... BEEP !!!

A loud , annoying noise comes from my phone . My alarm , I have to wake up now.
Careful not to wake him up . I shrug out of Jason's grip and jump off the bed .

I brush my teeth and take a quick shower.  It's now 7 : 30 . I still have time .

I brew some coffee and begin baking muffins . By the time I hear footsteps coming down the stairs , I'm done and I am picking out the muffins from the pan .

"Morning ." Jason says , with a raspy voice that sends shivers down my spine.

"Hey ." I give him my best smile . While plating the muffins in front of him with a warm cup of coffee .

" What have you got planned today?" I ask , I'm honestly curious.

During the first years of our marriage and relationship . On Saturdays he'd have wonderful things planned for us . We'd have picnics , go to the zoo , go to the beach , go to art galleries , parking lot movies night , concerts and so much more . But he stopped doing all those stuff for me . So I'm honestly wondering what he'll be doing today.

" I'm gonna head to work,  I have to do something ." He says and when I give him a questioning look  he adds.

"Plus Anker is coming over so I need to be there ." Yeah right.

Anker is our security management officer,  he comes in every month to check how his team of securities are doing and if the cameras around the premises still work as well . I know for a fact that he doesn't need anybody there when  he does his job .

"You? What are you doing today?" He  asks averting the attention from himself .

"I'm visiting my momma ." I simply say and then walk over the sink to wash my plate .

After an hour of preparing , I'm in the car heading to mom's house . The drive there is relaxing,  and all I can think about is my old momma .

My parents had me at an old age , my mother was 40 and my father was 47  . My father died two years after I was born and he left us with a tun of money . It's the money I used to invest in Jason and I's company :Smith industries.

My mother is an elementary school teacher,  she just loves kids.  I pull my car to a stop in front of my childhood home .

I practically run up the stairs and knock twice and the enter .

" Cassiey,  is that you ." My mother's sweet voice calls from the kitchen .

"Yea mom , it's me.  "I shout while heading to the kitchen .

She greets me by throwing her arms around me . She gives me a light squeeze.

"Oh honey you look so good , is that Jacob boy treating you well?" She asks , she's never gotten the hang of Jason's name .

"Jason mom , its Jason . What are you busy with ." I say averting the conversation.

"Cassiey dear , are you okay  ?" She asks , she knows what I'm up to , curse you motherly instincts!

"Yes mom " I simply say . I dont trust my voice right now .

"You can't lie to me sweetie , I know what you look like when you lie . I raised you remember?" She says raising her weak eyebrow at me .

"I'll tell you when I'm sure mom." I breathe out a long sigh.

She nods then informs me that she's making apple pie . We spend the day making pie and just talking .

And soon its time to go home , I hug her and promise I'll be back in no time . I love my mom

Author's note

This is my first time writting , I hope you guys enjoyed it . Please recommend the book to your friends .

First chapter , not very eventful ... yet😉

Vote , like and comment .

Nic275