𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲...

𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸...

𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗼.

"Who even names their daughter
Anthenia? Such a weird name." a little boy laughed as he pointed at Anthenia and everybody in the park laughed as they surrounded her.

"My mom said it's a pretty name... I'm the only one that has that name" she spoke lowly looking down at her wrist as she played with her beaded bracelet that read her and her mother's initials. Her mother told her that her bracelet will always keep her safe.

"I think it's a pretty name!" Another boy said as he smiled at Anthenia admiring her curls that sat perfectly on her head.

"Why is your hair like that?" a little girl asked as she tugged on Anthenias beautiful natural coils.

"Let go of me!" Anthenia cried out and everyone began to laugh at her again , she finally released from the girls grip and ran straight home.

"Why are you back from the park so early sweetie?" Anthenia's mother Iris asked her and Anthenia ignored her mother and began to make her why upstairs

"I know you hear me." He mother said sternly and she stopped in her tracks and turned on her heels.

"Mommy why did you name me Anthenia? And why Is my hair like this mom?" She asked and her mother chuckled as she pulled Anthelia to take a seat.

"Anthenia Vesta Ceridwen, your name is a unique name, you may be too young to understand right now but when your older you'll get why I picked those names. Your curls are what make you... you. They are beautiful and a lot of people would die for your beautiful hair .Remember what we always say Anthenia" her mother said as she used her hand to lift up her head by her chin And Anthenia smiled.

"The black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness. I am black and I am proud" they both chanted in unison.

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎

♥︎