Chapter 23: Asahi's scars (Part 2)

{A/N}

I know I warned you guys at the beginning that there will be sensitive topics so I just want to warn you guys again that this chapter will cover some sensitive topics, I highly suggest not to read if you are sensitive!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOAD SAVE FILE 22?

YES ⬅

NO

ENTER ASAHI'S POV?

YES ⬅

NO

The awkward silence kills my joy, I don't know how to break it nor do I wish to, all I can hear is the buzzing sound of bees, the chirping sound of singing birds and the tense slurps of the other two sipping their teas.

I'm not sure why this is happening but I hope big brother doesn't become my lover rival.

"So Sheila," Shin broke the silence, "do you study?"

"I study a bit about plants."

"Oh, so you're studying to be a botanist?"

She nodded, "I strive to raise rare and valuable plants." her sweet bright smile caused my heart to flutter, she is so cute I can just imagine her as my future wife. I wonder if she'll like a wedding outdoor surrounded by flowers?

Whilst I was busy daydreaming about a potential future I never realised the intense stare between the two, they continued talking about something I didn't pay attention to until finally, Shin stood up, "Asahi let's go home right now!" before I could even respond big brother grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the picnic.

Sheila also quickly reacted and grabbed my wrist, "OH NO YOU DON'T!" I turned back to see her face wrinkled in anger and frustration, I've never seen her like this before but it's still charming.

"Asahi belongs with me so don't go taking him away when you feel like it!"

I was so confused, what were they arguing about?

I looked back at Shin who seems to be very on guard, "Miss Sheila this is my younger brother, I do not appreciate your obsession over him. I highly suggest you release him right now or I'll have to raise this as a concern to the officials."

I've never felt such strong intimidation from Shin before, his sharpened eyes, the fierce aura, the heavy voice, it was hard to believe this is the same older caring brother I look up to.

I felt Sheila's grip slightly loosen, I look back to see her face blacken in fear with her wiggly legs dropping her down to the patchy green grass, Shin took this opportunity to take me away, I tried to resist but he was much too strong for me to resist, no matter how many times I shouted and screamed to be released he wasn't having any of it.

Once we made it home, he prompted me to be seated at the kitchen table and kneeled in front of me, "listen to me Asahi, that girl isn't normal, I suggest you stay away from her okay?"

"Why?! Sheila is a perfectly normal girl!"

He shales his head, "Now listen to me Sheila is dangerous! she was expelled from my academy! she's a dangerous magician who's trying to learn dark magic!"

It shook me, I don't know much about Sheila's life before she moved here but I refused to have anyone bad mouth Sheila, even if it is my older brother, "I don't believe you! Sheila is a very pretty person who's kind and love flowers!"