19| I Think You Look Nice In Your Swimwear

"This little bluebird came looking for you." —Christina Perri.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Blue Bird' by Christina Perri.

♡♡

♡♡

••

Third-Person

Kelly feels pathetic. Since the historic exhibitions have begun, she has only been observing her teacher from a distance, occasionally grimacing whenever Ms. Smith would showcase any form of interest in him.

Derrick would divert her attention every other minute and offer her poor heart a break from tearing itself apart, but it doesn't take her too long to avert her focus back to the man who's seven years her senior.

She cannot deny that Mr. Todd is the most handsome male at this entire event. Not even the younger boys in her year group come close to how perfect he appears.

Even the way he stands is attractive. Habitually tucking just one of his hands in his pockets and a posture that tells his self-confidence as he tends to keep his chin aloft.

No sign of insecurity. And he has no reason to be, especially with a beautiful lady throwing herself at him at every chance she gets.

"So, I spoke to Henry, right?" Derrick tries to grab his friend's attention as they stand at the Scientific Research boot, looking at what was said to be the ancient bones of past ancestors. "And he's planning on helping me to speak to Gabriella tonight."

"Mm." Kelly only hums a response, frowning at a guy who is now standing in her view. His round head covers Mr. Todd's whole figure, and she can see where Ms. Smith is now leaning in. Desperately, she tips on her toes to see over the lad's wide shoulders while Derrick watches her with scrunched eyebrows.

"Kelly, are you listening to me? Who are you looking at?"

He tries to track her absorbed gaze, but she quickly grabs his cheeks and steers his face back to her. Not wanting him to see who she has been gawking at this whole time.

"No one. What were you saying?" She nervously pulls her hands back, settling on the soles of her feet.

Derrick straightens his shirt and regards her as though she has grown an extra head.

"Okay...you're acting weird as shit. But anyway, Henry is going to try to see if he can get me to speak to Gabriella tonight or tomorrow."

He smiles, obviously thrilled, and Kelly tries to come off as though she cares when in truth, her neck is itching to resume her inspection.

Derrick frowns when he notices that she is still unresponsive.

"Sheesh, I know you don't like the girl, but come on." He rolls his eyes. Doing that thing with his neck again.