CHAPTER 8

Alayna knew if Phil was watching her now he would be proud of her. She had seen his shadow move on but, she knew a part of him laid with her at all times and she stood with the avengers she almost felt him there too. Watching her, making sure shes okay like he always did. Alayna stood with her friends as she looks on at Chitauri, she made eye contact with Steve, Captain America. He looked at her with pleading eyes. She nodded.

She knew what she needed to do.

Loki watches the Avengers below, motionless.

"Send the rest." He says emotionless.

From the portal, thousands of Chitauri and even more Chitauri leviathans travel out, making Alayna take a deep breathe. She knew that they had to win. The world would end if they didn't.

The Avengers look up. Way out of their element.

"Guys." Natasha calls out.

"Call it, Cap, Lunar." Tony said, he might not like them but he sure as heck respected them.

"That's more of Cap's department, Tin Man." Alayna said with a smirk.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays." Steve says.

"Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash." Alayna calls out adding on to Steve's statement.

"And you said it was my department." Steve said, with a smirk in her direction.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint said ignoring the twos moment.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Tony says as he lifts Hawkeye up to the building.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Steve says to the god.

"Lunar-"

"I know what I have to do cap." Alayna looks at him with a small smile. "Your gonna ask me to use my powers, stay in the shadows the whole ordeal."

Steve nods in response, worried for Alayna. She felt it.

"You and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here And Hulk. Smash." Steve said respectively to each person.

The Hulk smiles a most magnificent grin and leaps, soaring up into the nearest building, Hulk runs up the wall and hits several Chitauri soldiers, snapping. Alayna smirks up at him oh how the Chitauri had something coming.

He dives towards a building on the other side of the street, throwing the dead Chitauri soldiers towards other Chitauri. The Chitauri soldiers fire at him. The Hulk backhands them, seizes them and with raw power, throws them down. In his most powerful leap yet, The Hulk flies up and lands in the middle of a flying chariot traffic jam, to which he smacks out of altitude.

Alayna turns to go to the nearest shadow to her which was a building, she could tug on it and make her way to the top that way, taking out any Chitauri in her path, yeah thats what she will do.

Before she left Steve grabs her arm and looks at her blindfold, like he would be making eye contact with her.

"Please be safe."

Alayna sighed she knew this would be a problem, he was worried about her.

Steve didn't know if she could feel his love but, right now he wanted her too, really bad so she would know that he loved her. So she would know he couldn't live without her. He had spent a year of his life with this girl, and he didn't want to watch her die.