5

It had been two weeks. Two weeks since Blayke kicked everyone out of her house, had a mental break down, and screamed at Harry that she never wanted to see him again.

All that ran through her mind was "he had the audacity to tell me who I should and shouldn't allow in my home? He's the reason I'm screwed up right now. And the fact that he told me he had feelings for me but can't leave his current girlfriend, I can't do this friendship."

But deep down, she knew. She knew it wasn't his fault she was lonely and depressed. It was her own.

Blayke was currently working her morning shift at the library, minding her business, placing books back in their approved spot.

The dark bags under her eyes proved that insomnia was getting the best of her. How she could meet someone, fall in love with him and his child, not get the same connection back, become best friends with this man, and now... now they were back to being mere strangers.

Blayke couldn't help but silently stare at the corner of the library, a man that had curly hair was sitting in the corner.

She decided to go over and see why Harry couldn't just leave her alone when that's what she wanted. But when she walked over to confront him, it was a male that was slightly older than Harry, doing his own research.

"Oh I'm sorry, your back profile looked like one of my friends. I-" Blayke was going to apologize, but the man just looked up at her with a perfect smile.

"No worries, I'm Matthew. I live two cities over in West Woods, I heard that this library was classic and beautiful. I didn't know they were talking about the lovely faces inside of the library," Matthew smiled.

Blayke blushed. She couldn't do this all over again. Her heart wouldn't take another heartbreak.

"Well it was nice meeting you but I need to go now," Blayke whispered, making sure not to bother others around her.

As soon as she turned away, Matthew reached out to grab her hand, "I heard there was a nice coffee shop down the street as well," he started.

"Impresso Espresso, yeah my friend's parents opened up that coffee shop forever ago." Blayke chimed in.

"Well it's almost lunch time, and I'm just assuming you have a lunch break around this time. Would you like to grab a coffee," Matthew could tell the poor girl was tired, and not just the sleep deprived kind. The kind that makes people assume they're being followed.

"Oh um, I don't know," Blayke looked away.

"It's just a coffee, come on," he smiled once more at her, captivating her. And once again she couldn't say no.

She nodded slightly, "alright let me get my jacket," she walked to the front desk and grabbed her bag and jacket.

Once they started to walk to the café, Matthew took over the conversation in seconds "so a beautiful girl like you, is out here in this small town. And I could have met you earlier," he asked in more of a question.

Blayke shrugged "I guess so," a small smile formed on her face. This man was so kind.

"I've lived here my whole life, really. I decided to stay when my parents moved out of state, across the country. So it's just me and my cat, Honey." She felt like she had known this man for ages, yet it had only been minutes.

When they got to the coffee place, Matthew opened the door, letting her in first as he followed.

But Blayke's stomach dropped when she saw who was sitting at one of the tables. Of course Harry would be here. Of all people, he told her he hated coffee. So why was he here?

Author's Note
Hi guys! Sorry for a late update! Please let me know what you think about this chapter.

Should I keep Matthew in the Picture? How're we feeling about Harry?

All the love,
C