✘1.44

Convincing everyone you could save me but you're the one who made me fall

The black velvet sky draped over her with a whistle of a cold breeze that skimmed past her, the sound of her feet padding across the grass resounded in the air

Jisoo was unable to sleep, she crouched down on the ground next to the river and gentle ran her fingers through the numbing cold water as she watched the somber yet tranquil night sky reflect upon it.

"You're here."

Jisoo paused, her eyes lifting from the water and staring towards the forest as she heard the voice which made her heart drop and clench.

Wordlessly, the girl slowly got up from her crouched position and turned around.
Amid the starlit sky was the bright glow of the moon, the monochromatic surroundings the moonlight provided a deep silver that illuminated the night.

Her eyes settled upon the person who stood a fair distance away, his deep brown eyes partially covered by his chocolate brown hair- stoic in expression as he realised she held none towards him.

"You said you wanted to talk." She replied, turning away from him to look out at the almost  dull waterfall. "So I'm giving you a chance to."

There was an ominous silence that clung thickly in the brittle air, the unmistakeable sound of nothingness before the boy reached her- his presence causing Jisoo to gulp down the acceleration of her hurt.

She didn't waver, she wouldn't allow herself to succumb to a crying mess.

"It's good to see you again."

The words were harmless, a good intent behind it but she couldn't help but think back at the endless times she spent with him, overcompensating to make him seem happier.

"What did you need to talk about?" She asked, pushing her hands in the warmth of her pocket and Haru glanced at her.

"I need your help."
"I'm not useful anymore, not to you after all." She said, causing him to sigh deeply.

"You can't pretend nothing happened between us you know?" His scoff made Jisoo turn around as she ran her gaze over the face she knew all too well but now he seemed like a stranger.

"Why would I pretend when you were the only person I allowed to love me like no one else had."
"See? Now you understand-"

"I allowed you but you didn't." She shook her head. "You didn't love me like I thought a boyfriend was meant to. But back then...that's what I thought love was."