Chapter 18 - A Horrible Idea

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 18 - A Bruised Mess that is Stage -
Warnings: Bruises? I don't know
Third Person POV

"We finished the strike yesterday, and now you want to try this?" Jack questions, sharing a concerned look with Davey and Spot.

Stage claps her hands, jumping up and down. "Yes!"

"And Cards agreed to this?" Spot asks. Stage nods.

Cards was currently somewhere in Brooklyn with a few Brooklyn Newsies and Charlie, her brother.

She left Stage in the hands of the Manhattan Newsies, mainly Spot, Davey, and Specs since she knew they would keep Stage safe.

"I could just be an idiot here," Albert starts. "But I believe Stage."

"But this does nothing for self defense." Davey states. "She's not going to carry around a stick all day so that when she gets attacked, she can defend herself."

"Eh, it'll be fun" Albert responds. Smokes nods.

"You say that, then someone gets hurt" Davey mumbles, rubbing the temples of his forehead.

"Stop being so overprotective, mom" Les groans, walking past the group.

Davey looks up, appalled as the Newsies laugh. "Who taught him that?!"

Les giggles, running off.

Davey shoots Jack an exasperated look, and Jack just shrugs.

"Fine. You need to be super careful" Davey tells them, finally agreeing.

Albert, Smokes, and Stage share grins, high-fiving.

Albert, Smokes, and Stage find three sticks (like the ones Albert and Tommy boy used in Newsies live) and started.

They were teaching Stage how to defend herself using said sticks.

Spot leans over to Jack and Davey. "Is she gonna be uninnocented?"

Jack shakes his head. "We're not letting that happen."

Spot nods, turning back to face Stage, Albert, and Smokes.

This is not going to go well, Spot thinks to himself.

Later

Cards walks towards the group, some Brooklyn Newsies and Charlie following her. "What are you guys doing?"

Spot, Davey, and Jack turn to face her as Stage, Albert, and Smokes stop what they were doing.

Stage grins, waving. "Hi Cards!"

Cards looks her best friend up and down. "I'm pretty sure I said to not let her get hurt."

Davey goes to talk, but Stage, who was confused, beats him to it. "I'm not hurt?"

Cards raised an eyebrow. "Then why are you covered in bruises?"

Cards gestures to the assortment of blue, black, yellow, and purple bruises covering Stage.