― chapter 03.

❝ watch yourself, bimbo

❝ watch yourself, bimbo. ❞

PEOPLE SEEMED TO WALK ON eggshells around Ayane for the rest of the day.

She sighed as she left her fifth period class, starting to somewhat regret the cafeteria thing. Sure, the asshole deserved it. Ayane had learned that his name was 'Kyler', which made her just feel terrible for him.

As Ayane walked outside of the school, someone called her name.

Ayane turned, seeing the Sam girl from lunch running up to her.

"Hey!" she panted, holding her side. "I've been trying to find you."

The Cain girl tilted her head, untrusting.

"Why?" she asked slowly, furrowing her eyebrows.

Sam made a funny face, thinking of how to put what she was going to say. "Well, this may sound a bit weird, but- my dad told me that you were coming to our house this afternoon and so I thought I could, I don't know- give you a ride?"

Ayane glanced around, trying to think of a way out of this situation. Just then, her phone buzzed. She quickly pulled it from her pocket, hoping it was her mother here to pick her up. It was a text from her mother, however, it was Liana telling Ayane to go with Sam.

The girl looked out into the parking lot, just in time to see her mom's black car roll out of there.

Placing her hands on her hips, she scoffed and finally looked back to Sam.

"Sure. So- so you must be Sam LaRusso."

Sam nodded slowly, visibly impatient.

Ayane cursed in her head. She had done the exact opposite of what she was supposed to do. She had not realized at lunch that Sam was the girl she was supposed to befriend.

"Alright. Well- let's go."

Ayane followed Sam reluctantly to her car, still not enthralled by this idea.

The car ride was excruciatingly quiet. Ayane wanted to just jump out of the moving car and into oncoming traffic. But she remained quiet, observing.

"So my dad tells me you and your family come from Chicago. Is is different?"

"Yeah, it's pretty different. I guess you could say that the lifestyle isn't as... uptight."