FOUR

Trinity

I sighed and started to walk up the block. I know for a fact she took the money. One minute she's talking about 'Cinnamon Toasters' and 'Marshmallow Matey's' and then the next she's eating out of a Lucky Charms box like a savage. Please.

I walked up my porch steps and opened my front door closing it quickly and kicking off my boots. Damn it's cold in New York.

My father was no longer in the living room so I ran up to my room calling Jasmine on FaceTime in the process.

"I like how your bitch ass left me on read! I know you saw that I texted you hoe!"

"I'm sorry best friend I had to do something." I said smiling weakly

"Whatever hoe, I just wanted to tell you I'm visiting in two months for Christmas."

"Oh my god yes, I can't wait!" I exclaimed wanting to cry

Jasmine been my closest friend since 6th grade. She's a fun person to be around, she could make you laugh no matter the mood you're in.

"So you know what that meaaans." She said in a sing song tone "You put me on to your little New York niggas."

"I'll have you know, I don't know anyone over here." I walked over to my bed and laid on my stomach

"Well by the time I get down there I bet your ass will be popular and know all the niggas in your school."

"Speaking of school, I start Monday." I said bored "And daddy won't even let me go shopping for new clothes." I started picking at the little lint balls on my sheet

"You want some fries for that salt hun?" I looked up at my phone and gave her the straightest face

She laughed "You gotta chill out with the spending shit Trin, it's not how it was back in Cali. Once you get you a job, you don't gotta depend on anyone. How you think I'm coming to New York? With my own money hoe, get a job."

I kissed my teeth "Can you stop being serious? It doesn't suit you."

I know It's real when Jasmine is all serious, she's goofy 24/7 It's really rare.

"I'm coming up expecting some presents from your ass so you betta find a damn job." She started to laugh

I chuckled "I'm about to take a shower, I'll text you."

"No need to lie, I know yo' ass aint gonna text no one back. But okay, go wash your ass."

"Goodnight." I said

"Night hoe."She blew a kiss and hanged up

1 Week Later

They're all seniors

I had math with Chris, Kae, and Michael. I have majority classes with Kae and Chris though.

In math, the seating arrangements were in several rows of twos. Chris sits in the second to first row with no one sitting beside him because he usually puts his leg up or has his thot Nike Elite bag, as Chyna would call it, taking up the chair space.

[New York Niggas should know exactly what bag I'm talking about lmfaoooo]

Michael and I sit behind him in the third row and Kae and some other chick sits behind us in the fourth row. The smart kids sits in the very first rows. Our row is all the way on the right side of the room by the windows.

Chris really doesn't talk to me, so while in math class I talk to Michael. We've gotten really close since our assigned seats are next to each other and we have math everyday.