To submit!

⚠️Disclaimer:⚠️ this story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story from any other author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
The nurses and doctors in the pack infirmary were delighted to see us when we walked in.
A she wolf had just given birth to twin boy pups. And since there were only six nurses that were currently on duty, four of which were busy in other parts of the infirmary, Bria, Lana and me offered to help give baths to the pups.

"That would be wonderful. Thank you Artemis," a nurse named Sarah said gratefully as she led us into a separate room where the other two nurses, Jane and Marcy, were filling the tubs with warm water. The two pups were being held by Jane and Marcy.

They cried shrill cries having being separated from their mother for too long which was common. When both tubs were about half full, they switched off the taps and mixed some baby shampoo into a bowl with a cloth.
Suddenly a buzzer in the hallway rang and Sarah hurried out to answer it. She was back in five minutes, a frantic look on her face.

"Jane, Marcy, Doctor Myers is calling us, he needs help in the operation theatre, a pack member has been severely damaged and is in need of surgery," she said quickly.
"You can go ahead, we'll take care of the pups," I said in a soothing voice.
"Thank you Artemis, so very much," Sarah said appreciatively as she dashed out of the room. Jane and Marcy handed the newborn pups to Bria and Lana and quickly rushed after Sarah.

"Okay little men, let's get you cleaned up," I said sweetly as I mixed the warm water and shampoo in a bowl.
When I was satisfied with the temperature of the water, I took the first pup from Lana and began to bathe him, being careful not to put him in too deep.
The pup's wails increased as I washed his hair with the washcloth.

I hummed softly to the little one as I gently washed him of the placenta on his tiny body, after a while his cries stopped. I took him out of the water and wrapped him in a fluffy towel.
"Lana please throw out the bath water," I requested as I placed the clean pup on the counter and started to thoroughly dry him off.

  Once his hair and body was dried I dressed him and wrapped him up in a blanket and passed him to Lana. Then I repeated the process with the other one. Once both pups were wrapped in their blankets, I walked out of the bathing room and to a private room where the new parents were waiting.
I walked into the room, Bria and Lana were behind me with the pups in their arms.

"Oh my darlings," the mother said as she reached for her sons.
Bria and Lana passed them to her and we stepped back and watched as the new parents cooed over their babies.
"Congratulations on the birth of your sons. I wish you both all the best," I said as I smiled at the family of four. 

"Thank you," the father said happily as he embraced his mate.
We nodded to them and slipped quietly out of the room.
"Where do we go now?" Lana asked.
"It's almost noon, let's go. The flowers will arrive any minute now," I said glancing at my watch.
We walked down the hall of the infirmary and to the packhouse.

The courtyard was empty, not a soul in sight so we went directly to the kitchen and sat at the table to wait for Mindy to arrive with the flowers.
The kitchen was quiet, the ambience was refreshing, no noise, no rambunctious pack members and best of all, no Natalie!

"You lazy creature! Look at you, lounging around when there's a Gala to attend tonight. Tsk, Tsk,  tsk, tsk, disgusting!"
"You just had to open your mouth, didn't you?" Caroline said rolling her eyes.
"Well I'm sorry, I thought she was out shopping! How the hell was I supposed to know she'd be home?" Sometimes Caroline could seriously get on my last nerve.

I turned around to face Natalie, and wasn't very surprised to see Tali and Barbara standing behind her, smug smirks on their faces.
"Luna, how nice to see you. To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked sweetly, trying my best to keep the sarcasm out of my voice.

"Do not speak to me slave. Go down to Ashton Lake and fetch some water for me. I want a makeover since I want to look my best for tonight," Natalie ordered.
"But you have your personal servants for that? Why do you need me?" I questioned.
"Tali and Barbara aren't my servants, they're assistants. And my friends also. Now stop questioning me and get the water mutt!" Natalie said scornfully.

"I'm busy. Flowers are arriving for the Gala at noon and a gift from the Alpha and Luna for Marcus at 3:15. Then dresses for the she wolves are coming in at 4. I can't leave," I tried to be reasonable and explain as politely as I could, but there was no  pleasing this woman! She stormed over, grabbed my hair in her fist and yanked it forward making me yelp.

Listen to me and listen good. Go. Down. To. Ashton. Lake. And. Get. My. Water. You. Useless. Mutt!" Natalie hissed.
I whimpered and tried to pry her fingers from my hair, but the witch only tightened her grip, making me cry out in pain.
"Luna please release her, she'll get the water for you. Please release her," Lana pleaded.

"Don't interfere!" Natalie shouted. "Someone needs to teach some manners to this useless girl. She's so disgusting to look at it's a shame!"
Then after what seemed to be eternity, Natalie released my hair and the three me on the floor, but the force made me off-balance  and fall, making me hit my head on the edge of the counter, causing black spots to dance in front of my eyes.

Bria and Lana rushed to my side, anxious expressions on their faces as they inspected my head. I flinched as Lana touched the side of my temple, where I had been hit. Natalie stood there with Tali and Barbara behind her, laughing at me. 

And the last thing I saw was her shaking her head and muttering under her breath. Then she left the room with her assistants and tears trickled down my cheek as the words replayed in my mind.
"When will this mutt ever learn to submit like a good little slave,"

Author's note:
They are so cruel to poor Artemis I feel so sorry for her. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Next one will be up soon, love you all. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️